The Guitar Lounge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Ok, as we have many guys here who are into guitars and own quite an impressive array of guitars and related stuff, I thought I'd open the "Guitar Lounge".

A place to post guitar related stuff and show off your gear.

Maybe we can even gather enough knowledge so that we can even answer guitar related questions.

What could be better than checking into your favorite Mustang site and at the same time do some gear talk about the second most important thing in the world?

Swapping pistons and swapping pickups, adjust ride height and bridge height, fuel gauges, string gauges, connecting rods and truss rods.....

Let's see it guys (and girls, if there are any! :) )

1000_zpsvl1gsodk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play (not that I haven't tried) but I do appreciate good guitar play and the beauty of the look of guitars I love the sound of BB Kings guitar ( Lucile I think he named it). I like this pic very much pretty guitar beautiful car.

Nice car & guitars. Yes, I noticed you changed guitars. I have one very similar to the 1st one you had in pic, but it's an Epi. I'd take a pic w/the ones I have by my Mach, but it's 7 f'n degrees out!

Yep, counts. :)

Gotta give a SHOUT OUT to my '76 (or so) Orange Sunburst Les Paul that I pawned (with an almost brand new Crate amp) for beer money the last year of grad school in 1996. $300 for the whole shebang. Went into the pawn shop a week late to make the payment and the guy told me he had put it in the window earlier that day and sold it in less than an hour. F*** me.

Recently sold my always-out-of-tune Strat and a nice Applause acoustic since I hardly ever get a chance to play. I'll hang on to my acoustic/electric Martin until they bury it with me. :p

Nice! I always liked the sunburst on the SRVs because it's much darker than the standard burst which I don't like at all.

I wish Fender woulda used that style on more guitars.

SRV'S are nice machines:)

This old dirty girl is the guitar i must play the most." dirty cause i keep it on a stand a lot" .. My old Charvel fusion deluxe, with vintage dimarzio super distortion pickup. Original blade up front, i been thinkin about getting the original pickup on ebay, now that a fusion deluxe is almost impossible to find it seems. Parts are still floating around for now thou.

Had this guitar sense i was in my teens. got it for my 16th birthday.Fusion Deluxe was only made for 1 year.

P2270081.JPG

SRV'S are nice machines:)

This old dirty girl is the guitar i must play the most." dirty cause i keep it on a stand a lot" .. My old Charvel fusion deluxe, with vintage dimarzio super distortion pickup. Original blade up front, i been thinkin about getting the original pickup on ebay, now that a fusion deluxe is almost impossible to find it seems. Parts are still floating around for now thou.

Had this guitar sense i was in my teens. got it for my 16th birthday.Fusion Deluxe was only made for 1 year.
Cool! Great Hair Metal vibe. :D :cool:

Since Greg so unselfishly offered to refinish my 64 Strat in that other thread I wanted to show that I indeed do refinish my own guitars.

Here's my old Schecter Strat that was originally painted Burgundy Mist and which I refinished in Pastel Blue.

This was my first attempt on refinishing a guitar ever.

dsc_3354.jpg

Then I also did this one.

It is a Japanese 72 RI that was originally in Pink Paisley. As I got tired of seeing the paisley finish but the guitar was too good to sell I refinished it in white.

Wht Strat (4)a.jpg

This is an older pic as the guitar is back in it's Paisley glory. How come? That Japanese poly finish is so tough that it could not be removed, not even with paint stripper.

So I simply used it as a base coat and painted it over.

Then I became a fan of Brad Paisley who plays all those gorgeous Crook Teles in various Paisley finishes and I got me a paisley Tele. Of course then I thought it would be cool to have the matching Strat and removed my white refin., buffed the original clear and now the Paisley looks as good as it did in 1989 when I bought it. :)

Here's the Paisley back in its original condition.

dsc_3359.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike,

very impressive and interesting too. Tell me, what kind of paint did you spray with on the guitars? I would be interested to get a little more background info if you feel like it, as i have shot a few guitars myself over the years.

Thanks for posting. Love your collection too. You're a man of many talents.

Greg.:)

Well I usually just use simple rattle cans as I don't have any spraying equipment.

You can actually get a pretty decent finish with them when you color sand it and then buff it.

I usually do not use clears over them although I did one gold sparkle that I clear coated in nitro.

That gold was an automotive color (topaze gold from the Isuzu color chart) that I had mixed at the local paint shop and they put it into rattle cans for me to spray. The cans they sell have a very good nozzle that's way better than the standard spray cans you buy at the DIY market.

For the clear nitro I use Preval sprayers.

I must see if I have a pic of that gold Strat somewhere. I don't have one on my phone right now.

I have also successfully finished guitars with a paint roller. :)

After sanding and polishing it looks really good too.

As for my collection.... You ain't seen nothing yet. We're talking about 20+ guitars here. :)

Back