Leonard Nimoy dies at 83

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Sad news. One of my childhood heroes is dead.

Spock always both terrified and fascinated me when I was a little kid watching Star Trek.

I just read that Nimoy passed away this Friday morning. :(

I have been a geeky, nerdy Star Trek fan ever since 1970...before there were even "trekkies" of "trekkers" or other names for us.

Star Trek, the Enterprise, Kirk, Spock and the rest have been so familiar to me for so long it almost feels like a family member has passed away.

Nimoy is in good company with Roddenberry, Kelly and Doohan.

Makes me appreciate all my Star Trek crap even more.

RIP.

\ \\//

Last edited:
Truly a sad day today I grew up with star trek. My older brother and I would act out episodes from the show my brother was always Captain James T Kirk and I was always Spock. Spock was always so cool and calm regardless of the dire situation. I wanted to be like that. Spock you have been and always will be my hero. Live long and prosper.

Grew up on Star Trek, seen every movie in the theater " besides the newest one" Watched him in so many extra shows too..Like his In Search of, narrations.. and even the funny music they did " him and William" Mr Nimoy's Version of if i had a hammer, makes me smile and laugh, and his bill bo baggins.

I kinda knew this was coming soon, on his facebook he put up a picture about 3 months ago, him begging people to quit smoking. and that he could no longer hardly breath..and that he quit too late and don't make the same mistake!!...he had a good run even thou the health issues..and i hope i can last as long and have that much fun.

Go boldly Mr Nimoy, into the great beyond!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never forget when dad took me too see Wrath of Khan at the Metro 4.... Movie blew me away with the effects, action, and quite terrifing for a kid in some parts " Ear bugs and such" ;)

Great fan made trailer for this classic.. Effects still hold up well today i think.

Leonard Nimoy was the guest speaker at my collage graduation from New England institute of technology back in 97'.

He shook everyones hand as they walked off the stage.

I can say "I shook his hand", and he told me "Congratulations!!".

Here is a link to the Providence journal about it. http://providencejournal.com/article/20150227/NEWS/150229334

Back