1973 Mustang Covertible real 31K original miles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
We saw and shared this ad a week ago or so from Craig's List and went out yesterday to check out the car. It is truly a 31,000 mile 2 owner car. It is also a bit of an odd ball. 302 2v, 3 on the floor, non ac, radio delete. Unfortunately the car spent those 31K miles driving around Detroit and it is filled with rust. From the core support to the cross member, the frame rails, the floor boards, coming up through the door sills. On the good side, the interior is in great shape albeit dirty. Leather wrapped wheel looks great, the seats and door panels still feel soft.

The owner of the car is elderly and knows nothing about it. She bought it from her friend who was the original owner. The oo moved out from Detroit with 8 Mustangs, all low mileage. When the husband died the wife sold the car to the current owner, Ginger. Ginger's son had been diagnosed stage 4 cancer and went through surgery and chemo. Ginger thought this would be a great project for him as he was unable to work. He bought four new tires, a new distributer (no idea why) and new wires etc. spending about $1,500. He started having back problems and stopped working on the car. Ginger wants to get rid of it and hopped to get her son's money back out of the car. She was asking $4,800 and I told her that the car was done and she would be lucky to get her son's money back let alone any of her own. She understood and I told her we would put it up here in case any of the crazies might show an interest. I would have taken it to part out but we are really out of room. If you have any interest send us a PM

00d0d_hBVgHkDGl9G_600x450.jpg

iztjf9.jpg

2nuponl.jpg

2ymg1fm.jpg

s1ib2q.jpg

14x09i9.jpg

jsk0ag.jpg

00H0H_eQwtMfLyFJl_600x450.jpg

e5r5sl.jpg

25svnd5.jpg

km5cl.jpg

15s65mo.jpg%5B.img%5D

dbmiv7.jpg

t54w87.jpg

xfqp9w.jpg%5B.img%5D

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio delete is interesting.

Shifter ball is also interesting. I don't think it is original - sure looks like an earlier style.

Someone added the flip-down gas cap.

Sure is a shame but I say that every time I see a really rusty 71-3 car. :(

Ray

Back