clarification on correct steering wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toms1973

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach
Thanks for the help in identifying the steering wheel I need for a 73 Mach with base black interior. I have received 3 pictures that show what should be in mine. Can all be correct?

jsew0h.jpg

qz42vt.jpg

2n7njuh.jpg

P.S. If you have one for sale please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you posting Tom... welcome aboard.

go with the first one.

the last one is more rare IMO...but many things depend on when the car was built...early in the year ...late etc. Somebody else may have a better answer.

The only 73 Mustang wheel you have pictured is the first one.

The second is a Full-sized Ford, like a Galaxie or LTD. I think the pad and emblem could be changed out to the Mustang pad and emblem but not 100% sure.

The third is a 1971 only basic standard wheel.

Ray

Here is a 73 with the leather wrapped wheel, car was made 3/73

25svnd5.jpg

For a 73 Mach 1 the second wheel is correct with the wood-grain and silver insert

It would have a Mustang emblem though

The pad, wood-grain trim, horn switch, rubber cover, emblem and screws are all available as new repro parts

EDIT

As I was making this post - mach1lady posted the correct wheel picture

I see it has the chrome trim as well as the dash. My car does not have chrome trim around the gage bezels.

just my 2 looneys worth..thats 2 bucks to yee usa folks...

the picture of the black simple interior with guages and 4 speed and button horn wheel would be the basic, including a boss351..reason i say is they wanted the boss faster then any of them, doh, so less weight and more power equals a lotta horse dropings, and posi rubber left on pavement..the next "basic plus?" would be the plain all black with no woodgrain or chrome..the shrome and woodgrain is grande and mach1 with pretty chrome and wood grain all over....if yours came with no chrome on tach/guages, and no woodgrain and no plastic over metal on passangers side..then id bet it is the ALL black one not the button one not the wood grained one..did i repeat myself enough times..doh, sorry..just wanted to make it as best as i could....

hope that helps...

so take a pic of your interior..put it up here..and that will help sherlock better to answer ?

Back