Our first cars....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
64chevyII4door.jpg

not mine! But as close to the same condition as mine was when I bought it and drove it. 6 cyl with 3 spd on column (that was hung up) so we had to cut a hole in the tunnel. NO not to put in a shifter...to REACH through the steering wheel (to hold it in place while driving) grab the linkage and shift...:D hell I had to 'save up' to get the car much less own a camera to take a picture of it. Besides WHO would do that anyway?:D :D

You're only young once Dana:)

Here's my first owned car when i was sixteen years old (this one not mine, but almost the same.) I bought it as a kit, and put it all together myself. Funny thing was, that when i was building it, a couple of local guys lost their lives in one of these buggys by driving into the back of another moving car. Their fuel tank exploded on impact and the men were toast. (VW tanks are front mounted of course)

That put me off big time,as i got cold feet, and decided to sell on and get out of the whole thing pronto. Also, at that same time, our local Government passed new laws that did not allow any buggys on our state and local beaches or sand dunes.That was the clincher for me to drop it.

I remember i was inspired to buy the buggy, after watching the Thomas Crown Affair movie at the picture show when it was first released, and featured Steve McQueen driving a buggy around the dunes and beaches. Very cool at the time i remember.:cool:

MANX_3_FOR_SALE_PICS_3_041.338115041_std.JPG

Postscript - Actually, now that i think about it, it was the Banana Splits buggys that first got me going!:p:p:p

Aurora 832-150 BananaSplit.JPG

Greg.:)

Mine was an '82 Mustang GL. I don't have any pictures of it from when I bought it, but it was very sterile, shall we say.

Think this car with no hood scoop or turbo:

181072_Side_Profile_Web.JPG

With these wheel covers:

1331597325_70s%20Ford%201977-80%20Pinto%20Mustang.jpg

Yeah, after some time and money, mine was MUCH cooler. I added new rims & tires, window tint, louvers, headlight covers, a nose bra (for trips and to change the look now and then), blacked out the chrome drip rails and window molding, I did the eyebrow logo with some trim tape, upgraded the stereo, sheepskin seat covers, and even scored a trunk spoiler from an '84 (pre-third brake light):

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Still kinda miss that car and would love to have another one, given the chance (and her permission, of course).

BTW - that was my first car, procured after arriving at my first Air Force base assignment at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, NM. My "wheels" during high school were much less 'accommodating' for multiple passengers.

My 1981 Sentinel Californian, after restoration a few years back (still have it, kept it all these years):

22553_108086222535638_2666663_n.jpg

First was a '36 Chevy low cab pickup that never saw the light of day. Bought that one @14 with newspaper money. Next one was Dad's CJ-5, but I took care of it. This '73 Torino was the first "real" one in my name, in 1981. Originally a laser striped, vinyl roofed 400/C6 car with air, it quickly got a 351W/FMX, 4.11's and a Vo-Tech repaint, but I did the gold and all the detail work.

Drag trophies were from the old Keystone Raceway Park (15.40's... not too impressive), now Pittsburgh Raceway.

One of the few that I wish I had back.

73Torino83trophy.jpg

Mine was a 1965 pontiac GTO it was pretty beat with white paint that was peeling off like old wall paper. The drivers seat was torn up and it had no brakes. 150.00 dollars and another 100 for a 4 wheel brake job seems cheap but back in 1972 it was my entire life's savings. My Dad and I fixed it up and put a paint job on it right in the driveway (bugs and all). I kept it for almost a year until I got bit with the MUSTANG bug and had to have a 1965. My second car.

72 Toy Wagon.jpg

Heres mine,

(not actual picture, but same color)

a 72 Corolla Wagon. What a chick magnet !!!

After this many VW beetles & Karmin Ghia's and a Pinto with a 302 !!!

Thanks, Jay

I will have to see if we have an actual picture of it. My first car was.... a 1973 Mustang Mach I. It would have been about 8 years old when I bought. Green exterior, black/white interior with fold down rear seat. 351C 2v. I learned a LOT on that car. I know I would still be driving it except it was taken out by a drunk driver. At the time it was 'just a mustang' so not thought was put into repairing it. I did snag some of the parts and put them in the replacement which was the 1973 Convertible I now own. The tach/center gauges and even the wheels all came from the Mach 1.

\

Both of us started with Fords. This would be what mine looked like, well not this nice

1967_00017_01.jpg

SC0513-154203_1.jpg

and this would be Steve's

My first car was a red 1977 Monte Carlo with a white vinyl top and an anemic 305 engine. That car was my first and only GM product.

The picture below is not of my car and I do not regret selling it.

untitled1.png

just what I was hoping for ...some really great pic's and stories. One thing on my ole Chevy II POS ... I joke about the talk of the school. NOT TRUE! I actually parked it down the road from the school and walked the rest of the way. When I got out of school I would look around like a drug dealer ...if nobody i recognized was around I would jump in and fire that POS up SMOKE would go everywhere. wasnt a mosquito within miles.

My first car was a 1977 Mitsubishi Galant Sigma in silver metallic.

Back then Mitsubishi was in with Chrysler and there is a certain Mopar vibe to that car, especially the rims that look a little like Mopar rally wheels.

This is a promo shot but it looks just like mine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425186142.418759.jpg

Mine was a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0, 5 speed I bought new in 89... loved that car and miss it, kinda thought about trying to track it down and buy it back...

oldcars3.jpg

Here was my first car, 1968 Fiat 850 coupe. This is not the actual car . Was a fun car to drive as a first car.

Edit: Attaching a better picture, my car was green with tan interior.

920x920.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My first car in 1984 at age 18 was this 74 Celica.

xvnszr5.jpg

Three years later I decided to man up a little though and bought this right hand drive Mach 1 as my second car, thought I did keep the Celica for a few years after to use as my daily driver.

a3tQPs8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My first car was a nice little 1985 Ford ranger 2wd. I bought it when I was 14 almost 15. Did some work to it to make it road worthy and down the road I went. The first car I was actually going to buy was a 1976 Pontiac Firebird. It needed a motor and trans. But my brother was going to give me one he had out of his old chevy pickup. But my dad said "HELL NO"! I couldn't argue much since he was going in 50-50 with me on my first car. So in a way I have my dad to thank for saving me from the CHEVY-DARKSIDE!!! Heres a pic of what my ranger looked like......ALMOST IDENTICAL!

ogguvp.jpg

Back