'73 Fastback Paint Job

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Fastback
I'm looking to repaint my 1973 Fastback and am having a hard time deciding on a color. Right now my top choices are Blue Glow with either white or black racing stripes, Silver with black racing stripes, or white with blue racing stripes. Opinions would be great! Thanks y'all.

I'm not a huge fan of racing stripes on this era of mustang, but if this is what you want, I would go with Grey/black. I think that would look good.

But, if I were to choose an alternate, it would be the silver/black. Of course, the cool part is that you get to choose. If 20 out of 20 people say "Silver/black" and you decide on white with blue stripes, it's totally your call. Build it, mod it, paint it so that it's yours, and no one else's. And wave your banner with pride. You really can't go wrong with a 71 - 73 Mustang.

IMHO, (OK, not really humble, but you get the drift) :)

Doc

You can't go wrong no matter what you choose, but I say white with black stripes!

ALITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT. MY CAR IS WAY PAST ORIGINAL, SO IM LOOKING DUPONT HOT HUES CANDY. LASER BLUE WITH COSMIC DUST BASE AND ALSO USING THE COSMIC DUST SILVER BASE FOR THE STRIPES. I KNOW THESE COLORS DONT MEAN MUCH NOW, YOUD HAVE TO GO TO A DUPONT STORE AND LOOK AT THE HOT HUES CHIPS. BUT AS THE MAN SAID ITS ALL UP TO YOU. GOOD LUCK

ALITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT. MY CAR IS WAY PAST ORIGINAL, SO IM LOOKING DUPONT HOT HUES CANDY. LASER BLUE WITH COSMIC DUST BASE AND ALSO USING THE COSMIC DUST SILVER BASE FOR THE STRIPES. I KNOW THESE COLORS DONT MEAN MUCH NOW, YOUD HAVE TO GO TO A DUPONT STORE AND LOOK AT THE HOT HUES CHIPS. BUT AS THE MAN SAID ITS ALL UP TO YOU. GOOD LUCK
Pappy..I know those colors pretty well :D I always prefered house of kolor stuff..For the type of work your talking abouthttp://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_kandy.jspTheir candy's alway's gave me great results..

But heres the hot hues paint shop

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/visitor/b/hh/s/color/HH_PaintShop.html

I AGREE, WITH YOU ABOUT THE HOUSE OF COLOR MATERIALS, BUT I COULDNT FIND THE LARGER FLAKE BASE COAT WITH THEM. I HAVE CONSIDERED EXPERIMENTING WITH A MED SIZE FLAKE AND THEN THE BLUE. IM ALWAYS OPEN FOR INPUT UNTIL THE DAY I START SPRAYING THEN MAYBE WILL SAY I WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THAT GUY

Hmmm if we are going off of the original colors my vote is for yellow with black stripes.....as I have kinda developed a liking to that.

But if you wanted to stay with your original choice I would with the white and black stripes.

I AGREE, WITH YOU ABOUT THE HOUSE OF COLOR MATERIALS, BUT I COULDNT FIND THE LARGER FLAKE BASE COAT WITH THEM. I HAVE CONSIDERED EXPERIMENTING WITH A MED SIZE FLAKE AND THEN THE BLUE. IM ALWAYS OPEN FOR INPUT UNTIL THE DAY I START SPRAYING THEN MAYBE WILL SAY I WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THAT GUY
Look here for the larger flakeshttp://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_pearls.jsp

Check out the "ocean blue Kosmic pearl" Now thats a blue !!

All three sound GREAT to me!

Of the three, I think I would vote for the silver and black.

BT
My vote too. I might add that I had my stripes "painted" and we did the silver in "pearl silver". With black stripes .... your car would look very very nice!!!!

If you decide to go blue, here's a shade of blue I like. One of my friends is painting his 69 Mach the same as this...Acapulco blue...I'm sure whatever you decide will look good

9f2224531.jpg

Back