Intake Gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
::help::Not sure if I have the correct intake gasket. It covers the center hole, but leaves a gap on another. But the head shows the old gasket also didn't cover the top hole. Is this correct?

GEDC0249.JPG

GEDC0250.JPG

It looks right to me. The hole blocked off is the heat crossover, no big deal aslong as you do not drive it in winter. The hole in the center above the gasket is just a blind hole. It does look like the gasket is shifted a little bit to the left.

They make a gasket set with that hole in it as well.. It will be a little more cold blooded if run in cold weather. I have mine blocked off with the gasket and a little piece of tin that came with my gasket set. The purpose of the crossover is to warm the manifold up for cold weather operation. There is not much exhaust flow there, it probably will not burn itself open.

the hole on top is open and visible when the intake is installed, I have my heat crossover blocked with just the gasket and have not had any problems. I used to put a small tin plate in there to block it but it doesent seem to matter.

That area above the gasket will be visible and later turn a rusty color, if it matters to you visually you may want to paint that area now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everything said above. Start the count down to ignition!

Chuck

Back