Complete exhaust system

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach I Q code
61 Impala
67 Chevelle
78 Bradley GT II
I bought a complete exhaust system from a Pony Parts place, The muffler hangers are universal, no bracket to the frame, just the rubber, there are no brackets on the mufflers to fasten them to, 2 doughnut gaskets that are not needed and they shorted me 2 clamps.

When I called, I was transferred to tech support to leave a message, I did, it was never returned.

On the plus side, the pipes were bent correct, but the tail pipes are too short to exit the rear valance. The part number is EXK3F and they were $299.00

If I wanted something that didn't look factory, I would have went to Midas Muffler.

Bummer. Write them a letter and include the address for this post. A little bad publicity goes a long way if 1st attempts don't work in seeking a remedy.

I bought a complete exhaust system from a Pony Parts place, The muffler hangers are universal, no bracket to the frame, just the rubber, there are no brackets on the mufflers to fasten them to, 2 doughnut gaskets that are not needed and they shorted me 2 clamps.

When I called, I was transferred to tech support to leave a message, I did, it was never returned.

On the plus side, the pipes were bent correct, but the tail pipes are too short to exit the rear valance. The part number is EXK3F and they were $299.00

If I wanted something that didn't look factory, I would have went to Midas Muffler.
Don,

That is our part number and I understand your concern. Just so you know there are 5 guys in our tech department that answer questions, but they work on all of our restoration & performance jobs and each take time once to twice a day to go through 100's of email and voice mails so it's not that they are ignoring you it's just that they may not of gotten to your question yet. In the future use me if you have issues as that is my reason for being on the site. Somebody will be contacting you today from customer service to get you all squared away.

Steve

Hey Don, let us know how it turns out. It's good that someone from CJ saw your post. Hopefully they'll make it right. You said "a Pony Parts place", did you use CJ Pony Parts specifically?
Yes, I did

And they still have not called...I was here all day.

I am going to chime it just to add to the urgency of Steve Riss calling you back personally and getting it all handled. I will be shopping for exhaust and I want to know the outcome - I already know more than is good for their business but will hold my final judgement for the final outcome. Good call out.

Hey Don, let us know how it turns out. It's good that someone from CJ saw your post. Hopefully they'll make it right. You said "a Pony Parts place", did you use CJ Pony Parts specifically?
Yes, I did

And they still have not called...I was here all day.
Don,

My tech guy advises me that he has tried to call numerous time and keeps getting a busy signal. Also Sean from customer service emailed you last night before your last post trying to get your situation taken care of and hasn't received a reply or a call back yet. PM me a number that they can reach you at because the one they are using isn't getting through.

Steve

Don,

CJ's has always done right by me since I started my resto on my 73 Vert in 2005. They just resolved my door weatherstrip issue within a few days ( (Click Here) ). Hopefully they will come through for you too.

Good Afternoon Don,

I took a look at our files and do see the exhaust kit, I would like to touch on some points made on your forum post. First I got in touch with my shop manager, and he stated that our service techs tried to call you on the day the message was left but kept getting a busy signal, second I am willing to help you in any way that I can to figure this out and make this a happy ending. For the bracket on the muffler I do know that these mufflers are no longer available, as for the fitment issue for the tail pipes coming out of the valence, is that with or without the tips? If we may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us via email. You may also call our Customer Service Dept. directly at 800-888-6473 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (EST). We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thank You,

Sean

my reply

Mufflers are still available

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5230-20a

and so are the hangers

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5260-5

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5260-6

My complaint is , that your kit is not correct and you do not tell people that. If you had said it is not factory correct, I would have paid extra to get the right one.

I didn't tell him that I am 63 yrs old, live alone and a 5 minute call is extra long for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afternoon Don,

I took a look at our files and do see the exhaust kit, I would like to touch on some points made on your forum post. First I got in touch with my shop manager, and he stated that our service techs tried to call you on the day the message was left but kept getting a busy signal, second I am willing to help you in any way that I can to figure this out and make this a happy ending. For the bracket on the muffler I do know that these mufflers are no longer available, as for the fitment issue for the tail pipes coming out of the valence, is that with or without the tips? If we may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us via email. You may also call our Customer Service Dept. directly at 800-888-6473 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (EST). We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thank You,

Sean

my reply

Mufflers are still available

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5230-20a

and so are the hangers

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5260-5

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=id&search_str=5260-6

My complaint is , that your kit is not correct and you do not tell people that. If you had said it is not factory correct, I would have paid extra to get the right one.

I didn't tell him that I am 63 yrs old, live alone and a 5 minute call is extra long for me.
Hey Don -

Sounds like Sean is willing to make this work for you, and your links may provide some useful information for him. I'd give them a call - this may be a learning opportunity for them as well. To me, it sounds like it's worth a bit of time to get it resolved. Post back with an update, and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Doc

Don,

I talked to my shop manager and my purchasing manager. The kit you bought is a generic duel exhaust kit and is sold as just that. If this kit was concourse correct it would be listed as such on the website and in our catalog.

Moving on to the parts you listed, we do carry these parts but they are only sold in our single exhaust kits. These mufflers and brackets can be bought individually through our site or our store. I gave Sean the part numbers for these items. I don't know much about the 71-73's but I am doing what I can to get the information you need and to help increase our line and inventory for these years. There isn't much out there and we do our best to bring you guys what we can so that you can continue to enjoy these year cars. I would continue to work with Sean to get this matter to a conclusion your happy with, but as always I am here for whatever assistance I may provide.

Steve

Back