73 Mach 1 - Lots of work ahead

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jace73

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
We live in North Texas and just brought our first classic 73 Mach 1. The car is in need of some serious tender loving care. We are so glad to have found this site and look forward to reading all your words of wisdom!

Jeff and Cheryl

IMG_20150208_100854.jpg

IMG_20150208_101841.jpg

IMG_20150208_101929.jpg

20150214_232905.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Your car looks similar to other members' cars >>> TOTALLED and JBOJO are their usernames.

Ray

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

From what I can see in the pictures it doesn't look too bad. Congrats on your purchase.

Welcome from West Texas! Looks like a better car than I started with (found mine in Wichita Falls - and it was a rusty pile).

Good luck with it! Check out the stuff on the forums - lots of guys have done some amazing things in restoring and keeping their cars on the road.

Welcome to the group. I need all the help I can get.

Is it a Mach 1 or sportsroof? I see rocker panel moldings, maybe added?

The snow is melting, hurray

David
It's a Mach 1.

To help you in your progress -

If you'd like to return it to some form of its original configuration - order a Marti report.

Get the best one you can afford. They come in handy later.

David brings up a good point - the Marti will help explain.

Ray

To help you in your progress -

If you'd like to return it to some form of its original configuration - order a Marti report.

Get the best one you can afford. They come in handy later.

David brings up a good point - the Marti will help explain.

Ray
Thanks Ray! Would the Marti Report show if the Rocker Panel moldings were added? We are planning on keeping it somewhat original, but I like RED so it will be getting a color change and Jeff wants more power, so that is going to change too! We have already found some mysteries and are trying to figure out the puzzle. Good news is the car came wil a coffee can full of bolts and screws. LOL. Cheryl

The 'vert rocker panels will not show up on the Marti Report. Those are definitely not original equipment or something you could order for a fastback. ;)

Seriously - those were someone's idea of trying to stiffen up the unibody, or it's all they had while trying to make a repair. The way they bashed them into place should be a pretty good indicator of what not to do when you repair it for real.

Welcome from St. Louis! I myself am new. This site is very helpful and full of 71-73 passion. Good luck with your research and resto!

Back