New 1971 user from Puerto Vallarta

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceso

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback Mustang (resto procesS)
2000 Mustang GT (street racer)
Hey Guys,

Our friend Jbojo recommended this place for all 71-73 owners.

I just bought about 2 weeks ago my first ever 1971 fastback mustang I got it for about 3,500.00 USD dollars in Mexico is 50,000 Pesos, car was from a Taquero haha if you know what that means if not you can ask me, who died about 4 years ago after that widow just abandoned the car in their shed, somehow a friend of mine told me about it and went to see it, literally it was in like a farm forsaken little town away from Puerto Vallarta, showed some cash and took it, right now engine is working fine, fixing brakes to take it for a spin and feel suspension.

After mechanics is done, it will go directly to Paint job and interiors, interiors needs to be completely redone we found a full family of cats living inside imagine the smell and how they left the car (posted pictures).

This year project:

PAINT

I will probably paint it black and red or white pearl with black have not decided yet.

Interior

Original Steering Wheel

Doors panels

Back panels

Seats

Center console panel (arms rests)

Seatbelts

Probably full dashboard with tachometers clusters

New roof and floor carpet (need some advice to reduce noise while i am here)

Floor mats

Buttons (lights, windshield wipers, etc...)

ENGINE

Ok in here I need some help I think the engine on that car is a 351w but maybe a 302 or maybe non of those hahaha, I have posted some pictures of the engine and fuel pump to see if anyone can help me figuring out what engine I have and whats the biggest power I can put into it but still be street friendly for weekends or once to twice a week whenever I feel in the mood to show off a little bit. :angel:

If its a 351w i was thinking on a edelbrock 350-2090 top end kit which includes:

7581 intake manifold

79259 Heads

2281 Cams and Lifters

7820 Timing Chain

or 350-2092 which is a little bit smaller.

On Carburetor probably 1407

tranny was converted to 4 speed manual.

And I don't know what else for now lol, I would really appreciate all the help I can get and will be posting process of the car, I am not doing the work on my own to be honest but still I keep track of the process.

Nice to meet you all and thanks Jbojo to introduce me into this forum.

at the end there is a mp4 file with engine running after changing oil, filters and adding some new gas, old one was purged.

02 MUSTANG.jpg

05 MUSTANG.jpeg

06 MUSTANG.jpeg

07 MUSTANG.jpeg

10 MUSTANG.jpg

13 MUSTANG.jpeg

15 MUSTANG.jpeg

17 MUSTANG.jpeg

18 MUSTANG.jpeg

20150302_102953.mp4

20150304_094621.jpg

20150304_094105.jpg

20150304_094122.jpg

20150304_094135.jpg

20150304_094249.jpg

20150304_094442.jpg

Attachments

• 20150302_102953.mp4
    4.6 MB
Last edited by a moderator:
Score! nice find. Sorry bout the cats. I read sometime back about a guy who bought a Shelby Mustang in El-Paso TX. that was being used as a chicken coop.
LOL CHICKEN COOP? damn that even nastier, thanks man I really love this car I am even thinking of selling my 2000gt to finish this car.

Glad you decided to join this forum. You'll find the members here always willing to help you solve your issues and recommending possible solutions for them. So I know that we were trying to figure out what motor you have and I know that its not a 351C. I was thinking possibly a 302. By the VIN that you had it was an H code. Hopefully a member here can pin point what you have.

I had a chance to visit Puerto Vallarta awhile back and really enjoyed my stay there, Hopefully I can make it back there and see a finished car.

Again welcome to this site from the TriCities WA.

-john

thanks buddy, whenever you feel to come to vallarta give me a shout we have a small mustang club, we gather on fridays at ford dealership.

Some of our friend has:

1965 Mustang

(dont know year) 1972 Mach 1

1972 Hardtop

My new 1971 Fastback

1968 Fastback

1994 5.0

1994 5.0 VERT

2000 GT (Mine)

2003 GT anniversary edition

1996 GT

2007 Gt

2006 GT

We got some of them lol no new edge though

Yeah, Id like to meet the members in your local club.

As you become familiar with this site I'd suggest that you start a build thread in the "Individual Project Build Threads and Blogs" section so that you can document your build and progress as you go along. Everyone here likes to see pictures as your car evolves.

Aight aight Ill do.

I am looking at the papers

It was imported in 1990 to a guy in Michoacan (state) then later on was changed to Jalisco in 2003 for the same guy who died and from whom I bought it from (his widow) no copy of the Ford Invoice only the Title from 1990.

Welcome from Brisbane, Australia. Hope you find the forum helpful and enjoyable for you. All the best for the future with your restoration as well.

BTW - If you are ever thinking in the future,of selling on those 4 wheels on your Mustang, i would be very interested in buying them off you at some stage.

Greg.:)

Good to have a new member looks like a pretty solid car.

::welcome::

David

Welcome from Brisbane, Australia. Hope you find the forum helpful and enjoyable for you. All the best for the future with your restoration as well.

BTW - If you are ever thinking in the future,of selling on those 4 wheels on your Mustang, i would be very interested in buying them off you at some stage.

Ok why do you want the wheels, lol. They look like old American Racing cast wheels nothing special. Am it wrong?

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas! Looks like a solid car - I love the deep slotted rims (I hope you decide to keep those).

Good luck with the cat smell. You'll need to gut the interior down to the metal... and even then soak it with disinfectant/odor killer before putting new stuff back in.

Keep us posted - this is going to be a cool car. ::thumb::

Good to have a new member looks like a pretty solid car.

::welcome::

David

Ok why do you want the wheels, lol. They look like old American Racing cast wheels nothing special. Am it wrong?

David

[/quote

Hi David,

I have been trying to find wheels just like those to suit our 123 Mustangs with just the right amount of backset on them and a nice deep front dish. So far i have NOT been lucky on a world wide search. Any help regards contacts,from you would be welcome.

Thanks,

Back