1971 AC vacuum switch assembly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
We were running through final testing and realize the controls for the AC are not doing anything. Took the control unit apart and found the top part of the rotary vacuum control switch is missing. Looks like our options are to either buy a complete control head on eBay or pay Classic Auto Air way too much for one. Also it turns out the 71 uses the same rotary valve as the 69 and 70. Not the same as the 72 73. I don't suppose anyone has a spare that they can sell without the complete head unit

14mq9eq.jpg

2yljsc0.jpg

I have one but I'm not sure from which year. I'll look after I get out from work.
Thanks, I found a complete head unit on eBay for $49 delivered so I went ahead and ordered it. I figured that was the best way to get it back up and running

I have the exact same problem, I need one too. Do any mustang suppliers sell the Vacuum Mode Switch?

I have one but I'm not sure from which year. I'll look after I get out from work.
Thanks, I found a complete head unit on eBay for $49 delivered so I went ahead and ordered it. I figured that was the best way to get it back up and running
I just restored mine. A good cleaning and checked the ports for leaks. Used light grease to ensure an air tight seal. The next step is to resolve the issue of no heat. All ducts work now they properly open and close. Need to make sure the water valve functions. Does anyone have suggestions on check the valve?

Back