Official EBAY clock watch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
we are now in hour 1.3 of the official agreement that my credit card would be refunded.

Why well.... all the excitement fell through finally on the 962.00 I dropped this weekend on power windows to have a perfect set of original components in my car...all original and awesome.

I've delt with these so i know what questions to ask. Old Dominon Mustang Parts did call me back as requested. However being of sound mind I estimated the 30 hours later corresponded with the credit card transaction being FINAL. Now to their credit they have been nice all 5 times I've spoken to them. They have not shipped the products yet...so all is good there too. This evening the lady agreed I would be refunded due to the fact those parts did NOT include a complete package as advertised. However she said "well my boss is not happy about this" If you knew me well enough you would know that set a BIG question mark as to his following through on the credit. Well for assurance I called ebay just for the record. My attitude my money is good and green (so to speak) ...I expect your products to be what I paid good money for.

For the record I repeat they have been very nice to deal with so far. I really dont want to lose nearly 1000.00 and STILL not have power windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just call your credit card company and put a claim in with them.
"transaction has been processed" meaning that I could have done something MONDAY ( if they had called as I requested) ...now that another 3 days has passed.... Chase says the process has completed.

Just call your credit card company and put a claim in with them.
"transaction has been processed" meaning that I could have done something MONDAY ( if they had called as I requested) ...now that another 3 days has passed.... Chase says the process has completed.
I don't buy the Chase response. They can back out that transaction if you don't get the item or fraud. Fraud in this case because it is not what was advertised. Hopefully the company just refunds your money or Ebay takes care of the issue.

Edit:

Oh yeah, what did Ebay say about their Money back Guarantee?

Guarantee:

"Money Back Guarantee | See details- opens in a new window or tab

Get the item you ordered or get your money back.

Covers your purchase price and original shipping. "

bojo...agreed. I'm going there in the morning which i SHOULDNT have to do. The branch will just use some pansy excuse they cant help but I will be able to document my request.

For the record the owner was suppose to call me back this afternoon....

I knew I was in trouble yesterday when the yard manager didnt understand the terms

"clips"

"Bezels"

"solid uncracked switch bases"

hmmm you're a salvage yard...a Mustang yard, you removed the power windows and you DONT KNOW what a bezel is? you cant understand when I say "clips" ...."you know the little metal parts that hold the bezel on or it falls off?" " I'm not sure what you're referring to" "You know the chrome pieces that go on over the door panel and quarter trim panel" to cover the switch and wiring?" "You dont know what a switch base is?" "you know the part that is black that holds the switch and wiring that you screw into the metal panel to hold it in place?"

We ordered a bulkhead divider for our promaster van. Three days after I was supposed to receive the unit I get a message that the transaction had been cancelled. The seller says his supplier could not get the unit so he had to cancel. I went and looked at the auction and it was still running with three units available. The seller just raised the price from $299 to $499. Even though they refunded the money they lied so the proper negative feedback was left but the seller sells so much that they did not seem to care

We ordered a bulkhead divider for our promaster van. Three days after I was supposed to receive the unit I get a message that the transaction had been cancelled. The seller says his supplier could not get the unit so he had to cancel. I went and looked at the auction and it was still running with three units available. The seller just raised the price from $299 to $499. Even though they refunded the money they lied so the proper negative feedback was left but the seller sells so much that they did not seem to care
Yes I understand.... but I'm saying I'm out 900.00 for something I cant use. Although you didnt get yours ...you're not out funds, the funds were returned. Mine is for a misleading ad.

The ad read "complete"

mpbsr....first love your car! very nice

I am indeed calling them. My wife has the attitude...well whatever...I'm a bit more conservative with my money. I guess she just thinks well i can make more....yes honey I'll just take some seeds and grow another tree out back so we have some savings.

Well that really sucks, nothing worse than spending your hard earned on something that's described as one thing and turns out to be something else or not complete or some other issue with it. I hope ebay is better over there than they are here when it comes to this sort of issue, as when I've had problems with items I've purchased, contacting ebay here is useless, may as well shout out the window and ask for the problem to be rectified as it's about the same as dealing with them here. Here's one thing I did to an a---hole seller that didn't want to play nice after selling me useless crap that wasn't what it was supposed to be, firstly I told him that the worst kind of negative feedback would be left on eBay, then I would put even worse feedback all over social media (even though I'm not even on it) and let everyone I know in the car clubs I'm involved with how he lies and manipulates customers into believing the rubbish he sells is not even worth being called rubbish and so on, then the best bit of all, I told him if he wasn't going to refund my money, that I would sit in front of his shop everyday with his crap he sells and show and inform potential customers what crap they'd be buying from him as well as showing them all the emails of how he handles refunds if there's a problem with the item they buy. Well he thought better of it and gave me back a full refund including shipping and some BS excuse that he was having dramas or some crap and usually doesn't let situations get that way and even apologised. As I say to everyone who has problems with sellers/vendors when it comes time for a refund or a working replacement, just dig your heels in and latch on tight like a pitbull and give them no leeway except for the outcome your after, as most times things are sorted out fairly promptly and when you come across difficult sellers, dig in even harder and keep letting them know that the only way that this situation can be sorted is if a replacement/refund is issued.

I hope it all works out well for you in this situation though and you get your money back, as the item is not complete as they've stated. Like you said, these guys are salvage yard and should know the difference between complete and incomplete, but then again they probably thought they were dealing with someone who wouldn't realise what's in a complete set up. Anyway all the best.

we are now in hour 1.3 of the official agreement that my credit card would be refunded.......

Sorry - I feel bad that I got you into this.

Politely let them know that this topic is being followed by nearly 200 people on this site and give them a link to the site and to this thread.

For the gain of a few hundred bucks to them they are going to get a very bad reputation on one of the most active Mustang sites on the web.

No anger just make it a simple math equation for them.

Force this sale through and loose several hundred potential clients.

Do the right thing and not loose hundreds of potential clients.

I personally am active in several Mustang and Ford sites and will make sure that I post in great detail about it if it is not resolved correctly.

Lastly - Everyone that is following this should POLITELY email them asking that it be resolved to the customers satisfaction.

[email protected]

- Paul of MO

That sucks for sure. I had been watching the power window parts for a couple months. I had sent a couple questions from the ebay site to them asking about missing parts but they would never reply to me. I did not see the relay in the stuff either and I had asked about the inside back panels if they still had them. They actually had a video of them testing the window motors on there for a while and they said that two switches were bad. I asked several times about things and no answer so I gave up.

I would be glad to write an email to them if you do not resolve the issue.

I just had a bad situation with transport of a car from Nevada. The car got here ahead of time but they damaged the rear bumper. I plan on writing up a detail report and post here of the BS they explained on why they would not pay. Had pictures before ship and as it came off truck. It is long story but I will let all know who the carrier was and how they did not do what was in contract.

We can a support each other here and we should bomb them with emails if you are not done right.

As far as ebay I was ripped off for one item in the past, paid and never got anything and ebay did nothing.... It was like 9

$90.00 that buys a lot of Seagram's.

On the credit card I use American Express and they will do something later on. I had rented a phone in Africa and had the contract with agreed price and paid when phone turned in. Then they hit my card with an extra charge after I was home. American Express actually took the entire charge off my car not jus the dispute.

As a group we can do something I am sure.

Never give in,

David

this is why I love this board!! The support here is above the rest in my opinion.

For all the above thank you very much! Agreed on all accounts and Paul...that is huge!

So far they have been polite and I've made every effort to be polite and factual (which is usually not my attitude when your holding 900 of my dollars in your hand). The conversation this morning went well with a promise to refund by Tuesday. I'll be lenient for now which is not my style and patient as well only because they are communicating and being courteous. It DID raise my temp when he didnt contact me yesterday within the hour as promised after two hours I was sending ebay request to support my refund. He never bothered to contact me afterwards. This morning I got a call and we agreed on Tuesday...... :huh:

The rarity of the switch bases and getting used ones that are in good shape

I think is near impossible however one of my contacts informed me he sold a

set last January for $250.

If I were in that situation I would repair the switch bases that I have.

First I would make a tracing of the blocks for reference.

Use a continuity meter to map wires with pin holes.

A quick repair would be to wrap the block with fiberglass mat and resin

I think it would be amazingly strong afterward.

A more time consuming repair is to recreate the block from hardwood.

Using the tracings and dissecting the block carefully with a grinder one

could duplicate the plastic block and replace it with a wood block (sandwich) with the

wires coming out the same way as the original.

The wood method to me is relatively easy but not everyone has woodworking

skills and the tools as I do.

Paul

I looked at the ebay post again and it seems like the bezels are there. It shows them in the picture. (?)

Did they tell you that they were missing?

I still think for 900.00 this is still not a bad deal. As posted above the bezels can be made to work even with no clips. I have recreated mounting clips out of metal and JB welded them to the backs of bezels for similar applications.

Your only creative task would be to hold/clamp the bezel around the switch to the door panels and that does not seem all that hard.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I have a standing order to provide and install a functioning set of 1972 power windows and have been collecting the pieces over the last 6 months or so. I am missing one rebuild-able pancake motor and of course the freaking bezels.

If I was starting from scratch I would probably buy these for $900.00 and mark them up to $1500.00 and be done with it. This price includes the install.

This vendor seems to have a good rep online although I have never dealt with them myself.

Regardless I am glad they are honoring your request for a refund.

- Paul of MO

The rarity of the switch bases and getting used ones that are in good shape

I think is near impossible however one of my contacts informed me he sold a

set last January for $250.

If I were in that situation I would repair the switch bases that I have.

First I would make a tracing of the blocks for reference.

Use a continuity meter to map wires with pin holes.

A quick repair would be to wrap the block with fiberglass mat and resin

I think it would be amazingly strong afterward.

A more time consuming repair is to recreate the block from hardwood.

Using the tracings and dissecting the block carefully with a grinder one

could duplicate the plastic block and replace it with a wood block (sandwich) with the

wires coming out the same way as the original.

The wood method to me is relatively easy but not everyone has woodworking

skills and the tools as I do.

Paul
thank you Paul. My wiring harness is good to very good. Bezels? I have those as well but the purchase would have given a complete nice set combined with what I have collected. The clips are not there and as PaulMo stated he separated the inner panel and is selling those separate....which if you look at his strategy ..great for profit making it a lower price in appearance, not so great if I really wanted to install these in a car. I would have to go back and buy those just to resell proper set up.

What i need is the bases, clips and 1 pancake...turns out one of their bases is also cracked where the clips attach...aka USELESS. then there is the issue of switches not working..no big deal because he identified that in the ad. However, he is not including the clips that hold on the bezels...what's the point of everything else if the bezels dont attach after the install? They either broke them or they are really missing. Dont know/dont care. I am asking for the refund.

I guess I do not understand what is missing. But, I am glad they are standing up and doing the right thing by you.

It looks to me that the set up is complete less a few metal clips and 2 DOA switches.

(The clips are 25 bucks new from the cougar site - I did not know that until today!)

Even if a mounting block is cracked it probably still works and as the other Paul stated could be fixed.

I would recommend you should be hunting for a parts car with PW's - Mustang and Cougar are the same. You can find a ratted out one of these for around a grand pretty much at will.

A local has a 71 XR7 with PW's that he want 2K for. We have an agreement that if he can't sell it I will give him $500.00 and haul it off. As of now he has not had any nibbles from CL. (I bet I'll get it).

Not the other Paul

Back