Headers with Edlebrock Heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 351C going into a 72 Mustang. It's being built as a 409 stroker with Edlebrock aluminum heads (2v design) and I can't seem to find headers that will fit with C6 trans. Can anyone help?
Assuming the Eddy heads have the exhaust port in the factory location (which I think they do) I would think any 2V header for the application would work. Hooker, Hedman, Patriot, FPA all make them I believe.

Have you already bought the heads?

Mike,

I have the Edelbrock heads on my Model A's Cleveland and I am running the 4v exhaust manifolds. It seems they designed the exhaust ports to go "both ways" so either 2v or 4v manifolds or headers will fit.

Good luck !!!

Thanks, Jay

I have a 351C going into a 72 Mustang. It's being built as a 409 stroker with Edlebrock aluminum heads (2v design) and I can't seem to find headers that will fit with C6 trans. Can anyone help?
Assuming the Eddy heads have the exhaust port in the factory location (which I think they do) I would think any 2V header for the application would work. Hooker, Hedman, Patriot, FPA all make them I believe.

Yes we already have the heads and the engine is being assembled as we speak. The problem I saw with Hooker & Headman was the specifically say they will not clear a C6 trans. Patriot doesn't say and I just found out about FPA this morning. I have to wait until Monday to contact them.

Yes we already have the heads and the engine is being assembled as we speak. The problem I saw with Hooker & Headman was the specifically say they will not clear a C6 trans. Patriot doesn't say and I just found out about FPA this morning. I have to wait until Monday to contact them.

Mike,

I have the Edelbrock heads on my Model A's Cleveland and I am running the 4v exhaust manifolds. It seems they designed the exhaust ports to go "both ways" so either 2v or 4v manifolds or headers will fit.

Good luck !!!

Thanks, Jay

Thanks Jay,

Headers for the 4V heads are no problem finding to fit with the C6 trans combo but I was afraid they would seal over the smaller exhaust ports.

Thank you, Mike

Mike,

Good luck !!!

Thanks, Jay

Thanks Jay,

Headers for the 4V heads are no problem finding to fit with the C6 trans combo but I was afraid they would seal over the smaller exhaust ports.

Thank you, Mike

Mike,

Good luck !!!

Thanks, Jay

Thanks Jay,

Thank you, Mike
02-10-14 011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back