San Antonio area car shows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang
went to the "memorial festival and open car show"

Lots of nice cars. Only 2 big body mustangs...my friends 71 Mach 1 and a 73 convert

Neither won a trophy. Instead a '69 Boss 302 and newer fox body style won trophies.

Bulverde car show will be March 28th.

http://www.bulverdecarshow.com/

Thanks. I will be home for that one and live just down the road. My son and I will go.

I'm nearby just south of San Antonio. I don't enter that many shows, mainly cuz I'm a driver, but hope to meet you at one of the local shows. I entered three (a fourth I don't count because it was managed so poorly) shows in 2014 and have yet to make one in 2015. Many times we get lumped into the '64.5 to '73 or even '79 class. Wish there were more of them out here.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap! I would love to come to some of the car shows in San Antonio... I have tons of friends living there and would love to meet up with my fellow Clydesdale brethren as well. But, I'm not even on the road yet, let alone ready for a road trip. :shy:

I'm nearby just south of San Antonio. I don't enter that many shows, mainly cuz I'm a driver, but hope to meet you at one of the local shows. I entered three shows in 2014 and have yet to make one in 2015. Many times we get lumped into the '64.5 to '73 or even '79 class. Wish there were more of them out here.

Cheers,
yeah...why is it they lump the 71-73 with the rest?

I mean...I've seen some really nice '65, '66....70...but then the 71-73 where really a class of their own, but they put us with the rest!

I really hate that.

I know my car is far from show, but I guess I just need to put my car as "hot rod" or something....I don't stand a chance against those cars that they have spent 50k or 60k on.

Maybe..trophies are overrated. hahaha

I mean...I've seen some really nice '65, '66....70...but then the 71-73 where really a class of their own, but they put us with the rest!

I really hate that.

I know my car is far from show, but I guess I just need to put my car as "hot rod" or something....I don't stand a chance against those cars that they have spent 50k or 60k on.

It depends on the show, but every once in a while we get a class of our own. I've actually had a couple of nice wins against the younger ponies. At one show I was up against stiff competition, one of them a '67 GT350 that was displaying all kinds of trophies, best in show awards, etc. I actually spent some time talking with the two judges as they judged my car and I could tell they loved it. The look on his face when I won the class was priceless! :D

I've only been to four shows and have two firsts and a second to show for it. It's a lot of work (you know cleaning and drinking beer all day!) so I don't do many but every once in while. I'm still just a driver.

Oh...do you ever come down to Biff's on Friday nights? It's only about 20 minutes from you and usually a ton of cars there. Not sure when the season officially starts. Once it does there will be bands occasionally and a dj on the rest of the weeks. If you make it look me up. I try to get out there a couple times a month. Or shoot me a PM and plan it.

Cheers!

I'm nearby just south of San Antonio. I don't enter that many shows, mainly cuz I'm a driver, but hope to meet you at one of the local shows. I entered three shows in 2014 and have yet to make one in 2015. Many times we get lumped into the '64.5 to '73 or even '79 class. Wish there were more of them out here.

Cheers,

I really hate that.

I have learned that shows are very subjective obviously. You just can't go for a trophy because you will be disappointed. Instead go to have fun, meet other people, and talk cars.

I think I told the story of entering the Original Restored class and took second place to a first place 2013 Mustang. That was amazing to me and many of the other guys with classic cars but it happened. Same show had two Corvettes take the Muscle Car class first and second place. A very poorly ran show with a few built in winners who knew the judges I guess. Don't know what else could have happened.

Because of that show I never go for a trophy. If I get one then that is great but I certainly don't expect one! I also never display any trophy I won in the past with my car. I don't think that looks good at a show in my opinion.

I will be in Bulverde but, frankly, have zero interest in showing. Hope to meet a few of you and, perhaps, munch some fajitas.

I really hate that.

It depends on the show, but every once in a while we get a class of our own. I've actually had a couple of nice wins against the younger ponies. At one show I was up against stiff competition, one of them a '67 GT350 that was displaying all kinds of trophies, best in show awards, etc. I actually spent some time talking with the two judges as they judged my car and I could tell they loved it. The look on his face when I won the class was priceless! :D

I've only been to four shows and have two firsts and a second to show for it. It's a lot of work (you know cleaning and drinking beer all day!) so I don't do many but every once in while. I'm still just a driver.

Oh...do you ever come down to Biff's on Friday nights? It's only about 20 minutes from you and usually a ton of cars there. Not sure when the season officially starts. Once it does there will be bands occasionally and a dj on the rest of the weeks. If you make it look me up. I try to get out there a couple times a month. Or shoot me a PM and plan it.

Cheers!
will hit you up when I go to Biff's on Fri night. Rearend is getting built, but will be ready soon. Just in time, looks like some good weather ahead of us. Now is the time for me to start driving my car - no A/C, no Heater....I have to pick and choose my days carefully hahahaha.

will hit you up when I go to Biff's on Fri night. Rearend is getting built, but will be ready soon. Just in time, looks like some good weather ahead of us. Now is the time for me to start driving my car - no A/C, no Heater....I have to pick and choose my days carefully hahahaha.
Looks like another nice day so I'll be there tonight. Hope to see you there. ::beer::

Back