Jeff and Cheryl's 73 Mach 1 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jace73

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
Just getting started. I have spent hours reading this forum trying to learn everything I can. First, I've learned NEVER leave Jeff alone in the other room while I am working. He got on craigslist one Saturday morning in Jan while I spent the day working and found a 73 Mach 1. Next thing I know we are driving to look at the car and of course we bought it. We had it trailered home on Feb 8, 2014. I am not the car expert, merely the researcher "please be nice if I ask a stupid question or two". Jeff is the car guy. He is a professional truck driver and only gets home on the weekends to work on the Mach. So our story begins. We will keep you all updated on our progress and post pics along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just getting started. I have spent hours reading this forum trying to learn everything I can. First, I've learned NEVER leave Jeff alone in the other room while I am working. He got on craigslist one Saturday morning in Jan while I spent the day working and found a 73 Mach 1. Next thing I know we are driving to look at the car and of course we bought it. We had it trailered home on Feb 8, 2014. I am not the car expert, merely the researcher "please be nice if I ask a stupid question or two". Jeff is the car guy. He is a professional truck driver and only gets home on the weekends to work on the Mach. So our story begins. We will keep you all updated on our progress and post pics along the way.
First welcome to you both from Massachusetts secondly there's no such thing as a stupid question. Ask away. You might get a few stupid answers though. (mostly from me). We all look forward to seeing your car and watching your progress. Welcome aboard.

Welcome from AZ, I have the same problem with my other half getting on Craig's list. He just bought a 64 Galaxie 500 Saturday and we have enough projects already

Welcome from AZ, I have the same problem with my other half getting on Craig's list. He just bought a 64 Galaxie 500 Saturday and we have enough projects already
I know the feeling. We already have a 02 Mustang GT that needs a new engine and my 98 GT that needs new paint. Only so many weekends and no more room in the garage.

2/8 -Delivery Day, she has been sitting for many years. Poor thing, it is time for some TLC. She has found a good home will have the attention she needs to get her back on the road. We spent the day getting her home and tucked in the garage. We removed the seats and removed the carpet (Don't think the carpet was original and found no build sheets. Surprise! She needs new floor pans. Steering wheel was removed, at least the previous owner had a new one in the truck.

IMG_20150208_100900.jpg

IMG_20150208_101819.jpg

IMG_20150208_101929.jpg

floor pan.jpg

73 Mach 1 - 15.jpg

73 Mach 1 - 17.jpg

73 Mach 1 - 18.jpg

20150214_232950.jpg

73 Mach 1 - 16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back