Green Queen

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
FullSizeRender profile.jpgMy wife calls my 72 the Green queen because of all the attention I lavish on it. What can I say? My 1972 is Dark Green Metallic with Argent silver stripes. A 351 Cleveland Q code motor black deluxe sport interior with silver accents and a Top loader 4 speed and factory Hurst shifter. Magnum 500 wheels. Front and rear spoilers and an AM & FM radio.FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG

my 351.jpg

full size louvers.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your car! Hey I just noticed the louvers are missing in the last few pics. Did you remove them for good? I think they look great.
No not all these pics were taken at the same time. I've been torn between louvers and no louvers. I have them on now and until I change my mind again I'll keep them on. I do like them. I'm weird that way. My mind hates options. It's like the windshield on my bike sometimes I hate it sometimes I like it. Like I said I'm weird that way.

Since I took these pics I've also taken off the chrome front bumper and refinished my urethane front bumber and put it back on. If the snow ever melts I'll take some newer pics with the original urethane bumper back on and the louvers on as well.

I have a set of louvers that I am putting on when the weather gets warmer. I really like them.

Hey mrmach1, do you have anymore pics of your engine bay? Your's looks very nice & original. I'm trying to add some better detail under my hood. I'm actually interested in the air cleaner connections. I just recently got the correct air cleaner housing, the one w/the air actuator & chrome lid, mine didn't have one. Not really sure how to hook up all the vacuum lines. I have a 72 Q Code also. I do appreciate it, Thank's. :)

I have a set of louvers that I am putting on when the weather gets warmer. I really like them.

Hey mrmach1, do you have anymore pics of your engine bay? Your's looks very nice & original. I'm trying to add some better detail under my hood. I'm actually interested in the air cleaner connections. I just recently got the correct air cleaner housing, the one w/the air actuator & chrome lid, mine didn't have one. Not really sure how to hook up all the vacuum lines. I have a 72 Q Code also. I do appreciate it, Thank's. :)
I added the only other pic I have of my engine hope this helps. If not a vacuum diagram is available, I got it on line from google.

Beautiful car, I have always liked the big flat back window on the 71-73's so I sort of lean towards louver less but it looks great with or without them.

Beautiful car, I have always liked the big flat back window on the 71-73's so I sort of lean towards louver less but it looks great with or without them.
Thanks Mike I feel the same either way I love the look of the sports roof with or without the louvers. That's what makes it hard to decide. Right now I'm on the louver side of the fence but in a few months that could change. That's why I started the Louver lover or not thread a while back to see how other people felt about it.

I think that the louvers actually accentuate the flat back of the car. I love them.

It's the only thing I miss in my convertible. I can't put louvers on it.

this is exactly the colour scheme i want :wub: looks so nice!

My Mach 1 is at the paint shop and will look exactly like yours with the color matched bumper but minus the louvers and vinyl roof. It was originally a non-striped car with the lower chrome trim pieces. I am having them removed, the holes welded up and adding the hockey stripes. It already has the two tone hood. To me this is what I have always pictured the perfect Mach 1 in my mind. I can't wait to get her back. You have a gorgeous car!

My Mach 1 is at the paint shop and will look exactly like yours with the color matched bumper but minus the louvers and vinyl roof. It was originally a non-striped car with the lower chrome trim pieces. I am having them removed, the holes welded up and adding the hockey stripes. It already has the two tone hood. To me this is what I have always pictured the perfect Mach 1 in my mind. I can't wait to get her back. You have a gorgeous car!
Thanks I hope to see some pics of your car when it's finished.

Great looking car..the color combo really works well and the vinyl roof is a great touch.
Thank you for the complements I really love the combo as well.

Your car is beautiful I especially love the vinyl roof. I vote to keep the louvers!
Ill put your positive vote on the louvers chart (so far they're staying) Thanks :D

I think that the louvers actually accentuate the flat back of the car. I love them.

It's the only thing I miss in my convertible. I can't put louvers on it.
No louvers on a Vert. But you get to go TOPLESS. Very sexy.

Back