New member from Europe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q-code 351CJ
1968 289 Coupe
2005 Mustang V6 Legend Lime
1968 Chevrolet Nova
1964 Corvette Stingray
1986 Corvette "Official Pace Car"
1986 Mercedes 190D
Hi guys ,

My name is John and i'm from the Netherlands.

I posted the pictures from my "Lime green Metallic 351CJ" in the Garage section earlyer this week.

Now i have some time to introduce myself on this website.

I started the Mustang hobby with a 79 351W a couple of years ago and bought me a 68 289 Coupe about six years ago ( i still have it ).

In October 2010 i bought a 1972 351CJ in the U.S. and shipped it to the Netherlands.

It is a verry nice car , as you can see in the "Garage" pictures.

It only had some cowl problems ( as they all do ) , what resulted in a bad floor section.

I took out the left and right floorsection and welded new floorsections in the car, removed the fenders to have acces to the real problem and fixed that.

as the fenders are from the car now i have easy acces to the engine compartement so i like to clean it up a little and give it a fresh black coat of paint.

the original 351CJ can use a new coat of blue too.

I hope i have the car on the road next month.

I realy like to know how it drives ( i only drove it from the car who brought it to my place into the garage )

It has the original 351CJ , it has an Edelbrock manifold cam's and Carb right now ( The original intake , aircleaner and carb where in the sale , should i bolt those back on the car !???? ).

What do you guys think , should this car with this setup make some sence ???

Hope to hear from you,

kind regards,

John Broer

::welcome:: Where are you located over there? I used to vacation in Scheveningen, Holland. Love it, took the train to Amsterdam.
Hey,

I live in Rosmalen , it's a little village near Den-Bosch.

It's located between Utrecht and the Belgium border.

John

Welcome from Uruguay John?? we overseas guys are going up ehh!! :p
Yes Damián , let this be a worldwide website for every owner to join.

Wow Uruguay , not too many stangs around there !?

In the Netherlands it's quite unusual to see U.S. cars around , we are having the European and asian stuff on the roads.

John

Welcome from Uruguay John?? we overseas guys are going up ehh!! :p
Yes Damián , let this be a worldwide website for every owner to join.

Wow Uruguay , not too many stangs around there !?

In the Netherlands it's quite unusual to see U.S. cars around , we are having the European and asian stuff on the roads.

John
You´re totally right John... there are virtually no mustangs here... To make a long story short, every mustang in my country was from a private import or an embassy car... There were no mustang dealers so, it is extremely rare to see a mustang nowadays...

Besides all that, i own the only 71-73 fastback in my country which is also a 1 of 1 ever produced car... so.. i´m pretty proud! :p

Welcome to the club from Virginia. I admire all the extras expense it takes to get a Mach 1 shipped from the US. It sounds like your unseen purchase worked out fine. Good luck with your project.

Welcome John. I feel more cultured now reading the names of those cities I've never heard of before. Lol

::welcome:: Where are you located over there? I used to vacation in Scheveningen, Holland. Love it, took the train to Amsterdam.
Hey,

I live in Rosmalen , it's a little village near Den-Bosch.

It's located between Utrecht and the Belgium border.

John
Cool I know where you are I was stationed at Spangdahlem AFB Germany. We used to stop at the road side pommes frites stands all the time. MMMMMM good memories

::welcome:: to the best mustang site! Ik hoop dat je veel plezier van je Mustang zult habben, veel success!
Wow Ken , welcome me in the Dutch language is a verry nice thing to do !!

Did you use a converter to do that ??

I have some relatives living in the Ontario area also , i have been there many times.

John

::welcome:: to the best mustang site! Ik hoop dat je veel plezier van je Mustang zult habben, veel success!
Wow Ken , welcome me in the Dutch language is a verry nice thing to do !!

Did you use a converter to do that ??

I have some relatives living in the Ontario area also , i have been there many times.

John
John

My mother is from Rotterdam, while I can understand and read Dutch...speaking and writing it is still very slow....I had to call mom to get the spelling correct.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Hi John and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg!!

Just next door, so to say.

Nice car by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back