My 72 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneN6T

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q code.
untitled.bmp[attachment=30618] I am finally going to join in, and make my first post. I am an avid reader of the site, and have been for a long time. I have owned my current Mustang now for about 4 years. Long story short, I had an X girlfriend buy it over 10 years ago, where she lives in Los Angles. We have always remained in touch, and when she told me she was selling it, we worked out a super fair price, and I had it shipped here to Virginia Beach. The car arrived in very good condition, and I have continued to make it better and better.

1972 Mach 1, Q code.

351c 4V

C6 transmission Ford Trac-Loc, 4.11 gear

770 Holley carb

Edlebrock performer manifold

Hooker headers

Magna pack mufflers, side exit exhaust.

original 15x7 steel wheels front, after market 15x 8s rear

Lowered front and rear.

suspension all been replaced, thicker sway bars, new shocks, etc

NACA Hood (originally no black out from factory), Boss blacked out paint scheme. Not a fan of the Mach 1 blacked out design.

The 71-73s get tons more attention, than the previous years, at least I know mine does. It's agile, quick, loud and I drive it hard, like they should be.

r8f02w.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from TriCities WA. Nice car you have there. I once had my car with the side exiting exhaust and liked that look. Congrats on the car.
THANK YOU...Yes I really like the sound and the look of the side exit exhaust.

Welcome from Denmark [emoji6] Regards DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73
Very nice, thanks !!!

Welcome from Texas! Have not seen that type of hood lock on our cars before. Would like to see more pictures of your car.

Welcome from Texas! Have not seen that type of hood lock on our cars before. Would like to see more pictures of your car.
Thanks, looks like your car is pewter also, am I correct ?

2qanviu.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma. Chuck
Thanks Chuck !

Welcome from West Texas! Awesome looking car ::thumb::

We should start a 'pewter-n-black' club or something. rofl

2qanviu.jpg

Thanks Chuck !
Yes sir! Born that way and was restored that way.

2qanviu.jpg

Thanks Chuck !
Yes sir! Born that way and was restored that way.

"Yes sir! Born that way and was restored that way."

Are you referring to the color or hood locks? If you are referring to the hood locks I wasn't aware that these cars came with this hood lock. Just curious, thx

Hi and welcome from Luxembourg, Europe.

Nice car. I really dig the no frills black rims with the black wall tires.

Back