Lost another friend to death yesterday

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
My brother's best friend Jimmy died sometime in the last few days. After not being able to reach him, Evan called his mother and they went to his home, where they found him sitting on the couch as if he had fallen asleep.

Jimmy was 53, I believe, and helped me assemble my first automobile engine a long time ago. He leaves behind a preteen daughter, his mother and his sister.

The family did not want an autopsy. Jimmy had sustained some serious injuries in a truck accident about 4 years ago and suffered from chronic pain and sleep apnea.

My brother was best friends with Jimmy for 36 years, finding him dead is going to be hard for him to deal with emotionally, I imagine.

I personally am not a religious person, but I believe that events such as this should be shared so that we can all remember that life is fleeting and we should take nothing for granted.

Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your friends sudden passing, 53 is such a young age. My heartfelt condolences and I hope that your brother copes with it well.

-john

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the lose, sounds like at least his death was peaceful

I'm sorry to hear about his passing.

I got a call from a friend last Friday. Her Father had a stroke and was on his floor for two days before anybody noticed. He should recover but I am starting to think we need to enjoy our time a bit more while we can.

My brother's best friend Jimmy died sometime in the last few days. After not being able to reach him, Evan called his mother and they went to his home, where they found him sitting on the couch as if he had fallen asleep.

Jimmy was 53, I believe, and helped me assemble my first automobile engine a long time ago. He leaves behind a preteen daughter, his mother and his sister.

The family did not want an autopsy. Jimmy had sustained some serious injuries in a truck accident about 4 years ago and suffered from chronic pain and sleep apnea.

My brother was best friends with Jimmy for 36 years, finding him dead is going to be hard for him to deal with emotionally, I imagine.

I personally am not a religious person, but I believe that events such as this should be shared so that we can all remember that life is fleeting and we should take nothing for granted.
Jeff,

I completely agree with everything you said. When a death of someone you know occurs it will stop you in your tracks and make you think about life in general and how short it can be. In Jimmy's case very short.

The truth is simple, tomorrow could be our last day alive. Something I think about often and something perhaps all of us need to realize. Have you ever considered this? Of all the members on this forum, how many are now dead? Imagine some of our frequent posters on here with all their knowledge and enthusiasm. Then the next day and forever after that they no longer are heard from on this site again!

Think about that. I know if I died tonight my wife would not think about getting online to let anyone here know. Just strange to think about but you probably feel like me in that you are my forum friends. After reading so many post about different things you sort of feel like you know the person. Am I alone here? Anyone else thought about an online death? It's no secret that everyone of us will die someday!

This is exactly why I consider myself a caretaker of my car more than an owner. I know the car will outlive me because with any luck it will keep on existing in our world. Perhaps this could be the way you learn I died one day. A new caretaker of my car joins this forum.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I agree with what you said. Try to help your brother if you can in some way. Chuck

Sorry for your loss.

I had two friends and band members die within a year, both within 4 months after being diagnosed with cancer, so I can imagine how you feel.

Jeff,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother's best friend. I lost one of my younger sisters Oct. of last year. She was 44. I get so annoyed when I say "good morning" to someone and they say what's so good about it? It's good because you wake up and are alive! Since my sister's passing, I think about every moment I spend with Family and Friends that it might be my last moment, it might be the last chance to spend with them and I make it count. I will keep your family and your friends family in my prayers.

Cheryl

That sucks Jeff, death can make ya think " for good and bad" counts the person. It is never easy, lost my mom when i was young, and lost close friends and family. We all have our own ways of dealing with it.

I try to be more light hearted about life anymore, and try to help my friends and family as much as possible...I let more things roll off my back . i don't want to leave with any regrets. " even know it seems we always find a few, or already made them " ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

I'm very sorry to hear about your (and your brothers) loss. I will pray for his soul and light a candle this Sunday.

Everyday is a gift and should be treated as such. I struggle with this all the time, trying to keep that thought in mind. I really didn't feel mortal until my parents passed. That was a tough realization. I guess with age comes perspective. Anyway, hope you and your brother find a way to deal with this loss. Again... my condolences.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sounds like he went quietly in his sleep; hopefully I will go the same way when my time comes.

Thank you all. The funny thing is this did apparently come with a warning. It seems Jimmy had been talking to his preacher and family about heaven quite a bit lately and had even picked up and started reading some books on the subject. The funeral was yesterday and was well attended.

Back