Folding rear seat bumpers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 460 engine, C6 automatic gearbox.
Hi!

I found out I seem to be missing the folding rear seat bumpers. What do they look like, are they reproduced or can I invent something by myself?

I see there are bumpers for '69-'70 (I think it was), could they work as a substitute?

Best regards

Thomas

Hi!

I found out I seem to be missing the folding rear seat bumpers. What do they look like, are they reproduced or can I invent something by myself?

I see there are bumpers for '69-'70 (I think it was), could they work as a substitute?

Best regards

Thomas
The ones sold for the 69-70 will work. They are the correct shape and fit in the little hole just fine. My car was missing them. I bought the 69-70 bumpers for the car.

Not that the hood stop won't work but I think the others look more like what is supposed to go there. It actually could be the exact same part as the 69-70. I have no way to know since I have never seen an original from a 71-73 to know if there is a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here a pic.
Eddy,

Are those original bumpers on the folding seat? If so they do look like the hood bumpers.

It is pouring rain here or I would go out and take a pic. don't have one on the computer. You would think you could find on donor car.

David
David,

We will wait while you go out in the rain with your umbrella. Don't run you might slip and fall.

Mike

Here a pic.
That car looks familiar :)

I can post a new pic with the replacement hood stops that I used if you want to see the difference, let me know.

Here a pic.
Eddy,

Are those original bumpers on the folding seat? If so they do look like the hood bumpers.

It is pouring rain here or I would go out and take a pic. don't have one on the computer. You would think you could find on donor car.

David
David,

We will wait while you go out in the rain with your umbrella. Don't run you might slip and fall.

Mike
Those are the original ones that came with the car.

IMG_1001_zpswvywge90.jpg

Cool, thanks for all the answers guys! :) I also got word from Don at OMS that the '69-'70 work as well. I'm thinking of buying a pair. Hopefully this information could help other people too!

Back