New 64 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Coupe 351c
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/03/13/new-164-12-ford-mustang-revved-up-and-ready-for-sale/

2lbnr4m.jpg

Rich mans toy. That's not what Mustang was about. It's hard to believe they could ever appreciate in value with a 120,000 price tag new. Here today gone tomorrow I don't think these will sell.

I think it is great. There are enough well-heeled sucessful older adults with enough disposable income to afford one of these.

Who wouldn't want to tool around in a brand-new, thoroughly yet subtly-updated version of a favorite old car?

I would love to have a brand-new 71 429 mach 1 with modern suspension and brakes, a 500+ horse fuel-injected 429 and a 100,000 mile warranty!

-Hmmm! It appears that resto-mod is making a comeback - or maybe it never really faded, but is stronger than ever with the new tech available for reasonable cost these days However, a turnkey product like that 64 is pretty pricy for most of us.

People have been building cars with these dynacorn bodies for a few years now and obviously it costs a pretty penny to have one done. This guy is just slapping a warranty on it.

Personally if i was in the market for something like that I'd use my $120k to have a shop build one the way i wanted it.

This is obviously for people who don't want to go to the trouble of havoing to arrange and do it for themselves. They want to write a check, drive away in a new "old" Mustang.

Don't know if i would consider it a "resto-mod", which to me was the inclusion of modern wheels tires, lowered suspension, custom bodywork and paint, and the like.

I would call this a "Resto-update"

Back