AFD & CHI 4V HEADS?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any knowledge/experience with either of these heads. They supposedly combine the best aspects of both the 2V and 4V heads and allow you to use your existing 4V intake manifold (Edelbrock Torker) and your existing 4V headers. Need help if you know anything...thanks!

http://www.ausfordparts.com/afd4v.html

http://www.chiheads.com.au/shop/4v/4v-ford-cleveland/
my friend had A top ford engine builder named brent ,,,,???? sorry,anyway they built a 4vstroker and they went with the chi heads,made 565/555 on the dyno with pump gas and good fuel mileage expected.id say they are the way to go wish i had more to give you but search you will find it is nice!!!!!!!! good money and had to wait think they come from australia or something.

The CHI heads seem to be popular among the 351C engine builders. They can flow like crazy but not everyone needs crazy flow. I think their best power combo is kind of a custom '3v' head. It's not actually 3 valves but advertised as a great in between 2v/4v head. Custom intake is needed I believe.

I would consider CHI heads for my next build for sure.

There is another guy that is making after market heads that appear to be stock from the outside. I forget who he is. I believe they are also aluminum.

I am running the AFD 4v heads on my 408 Cleveland. I love them. They are really nice heads. The engine builder I used estimated my motor 550-600HP. That's with a 950 quik fuel carb. Roy (tnfastbk) is running them on his motor too. I think I paid just under $2400 for them delivered. I bought them from Tim Barnett. He usually has them in stock. He's one of only a few that get them in the US. Really nice guy and knowledgeable about Clevelands. If you buy heads off him and give him your build specs he will help you decide on a cam to fit what you want to do. My car is a beast with those heads on my 408C. Highly recommend. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351c-351-cleveland-Air-Flow-Dynamics-SP4V-heads-complete-AFD-Ford-SBF-race-boss-/251460004778?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8c2f2baa&vxp=mtr

xdyxz5.jpg

CHI are the go to head hear in Aus for stout Clevos and the 3V is the big gun, AFDs and TFS well you cant go wrong with them either. Scott Cook make good heads that look like stock 4vs.

www.scmenginedevelopments.com

Both of those heads will yield good numbers. The Stock v4 heads can offer some good power also. My Cleveland (stroked 393) makes 537hp on the dyno at 5900 rpm. Stock cast heads with valve job and retrofitted for roller valve train. I went this route because it was cheaper than buying new heads. :D

^+1 to that. A lot of quick iron headed Clevos here. In Aus the price of reconditioning heads puts them close to the same money as new ally heads so a lot of people just buy them instead of recoing good 4Vs. 4Vforever can vouch for good ported iron heads as he was involved with 1 of the quickest street cars in the nation back a few years now but they where taking it to some of the Yates headed exotica for a long time.

Scott Cook 4v heads are getting some amazing results here in Australia

SCM developments (heads look.identical to standard cast iron 4v heads)

Great service and advice. Check them out on facebook

Latest posts

Back