Any 72 sprint convertibles out there?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
I maintain the registry for these rare Mustangs. Ford only made fifty 1972 Olympic sprint Mustangs. They were used in the DC Cherry Blossom festival parade and sold only at DC area Ford dealers. We have located most of them but about 13 are missing. See www.1972mustangsprint.com for the entire history of these special Mustangs.

2009 Cherry Blossom.JPG

I appreciate your dedication to the historical significance of the '72 Olympic model, and will keep an eye out for their appearance in this forum. I especially like your use of the phrase "71-73 Superstang years", in light of the fact that most media use it to refer to late model Mustangs. Our "red-headed stepchildren", as some refer to us, simply refers to the rather unique '71 - '73 Mustangs. Thanks for stopping by and letting us know about the Olympic.

Doc

Thanks for posting! Hopefully we can help find the missing Sprints!

any news on what happened to the sprint spotted in the show junkyard wars from about 10 years ago?

I recall an individual stationed at Clark AB, Republic of the Philippines having one of those in the early '80s. I do not know whether or not he left it over there (as was sometime the custom) or brought it back to the States.

Often tmes, Gis would sell the "pony cars" to wealthy Filipinos when they departed to come back home - - I shipped mine back twice:).

There were a lot of mustangs, firebirds and camaros left over there!

BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back