Hello from Silver Spring, Maryland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW302

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang
302 2V V-8
Hey everyone,

I'm Mike, 22, living in Maryland. I bought a 1973 as Christmas gift to myself about 6 years ago and I've been slowly restoring her since as time and money has allowed. I'm still a bit of an automotive n00b, but I'm trying to figure it all out. The car runs just fine (at least until yesterday, which is why I'm here). I'm almost at the point that it'll pass Maryland state inspection. Still got a ways to go until it's fully restored. Looks like this forum will be a great place to learn!

Welcome from TriCities WA. Post some pics of your car when you have a chance. Members here will more than happy to help you with issues you may have with your car and also do a search of the various threads here. More than likely the issue has been discussed here before. Good luck..

Welcome.

I used to live in Northern VA, and always wondered about Silver Springs. First, there is no spring, and no silver laying about...I wonder how it got its name. Prolly some land developer came up with the name thinking it would be attractive to potential buyers....

Hi Mike! Yep, you are going to love this site. How hard are the inspections? Here in AZ they are not too bad. There is the yearly emissions of course. But if you bring one from out of state it's just things like decent windshield, lap belts, emissions in place, etc.

::welcome:: from Germany!

Juergen

Hey everyone,

I'm Mike, 22, living in Maryland. I bought a 1973 as Christmas gift to myself about 6 years ago and I've been slowly restoring her since as time and money has allowed. I'm still a bit of an automotive n00b, but I'm trying to figure it all out. The car runs just fine (at least until yesterday, which is why I'm here). I'm almost at the point that it'll pass Maryland state inspection. Still got a ways to go until it's fully restored. Looks like this forum will be a great place to learn!
Welcome from Charlotte, NC. We're lucky here..........classics don't have to go thru regular inspection!

Welcome.

I used to live in Northern VA, and always wondered about Silver Springs. First, there is no spring, and no silver laying about...I wonder how it got its name. Prolly some land developer came up with the name thinking it would be attractive to potential buyers....
Welcome from Oklahoma.

And to address Midlife - from the 'net: One of the town's founders located a small spring as it ran across some mica rock formation. The water was reflective and so they named the 250 acre homestead along with a 20-room mansion Silver Springs. Very historic place. House stood until 1954.

And yep - the one spring dried up... :-/ :D

Ray

Back