Revenge and a funny coincidence

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Everybody has witnessed that obnoxious thing when you park your car for itself and a few minutes later someone parks his right beside it, even though there are numerous other free spaces around.

Well this morning I took the Mustang to the grocery store, parked it next to a curb with seven free spaces on my left.

I go get my stuff and sure enough when I come back, there are still 6 free spaces but the one just next to my car is taken by a Nissan SUV.

I curse and get into my car.

Now here in Europe, parking lots and spaces are way smaller than in the U.S. so when I backed out my car was only a little shorter than the space in between the two rows, which means I have to maneuver back and forth to get out of there.

Here's the revenge part.

As I go forward, I must have gotten on the accelerator a little too hard and I smash right into the back of that Nissan. :)

That's what you deserve, right? :)

Now for the funny coincidence: I go back into the store and have the clerk at the reception desk call the owner over the PA.

The lady that claims to be the owner looks vaguely familiar and after I write down my name and phone number she suddenly says she remembers me.

Turns out she's the vet I always take my cat for its shots. :)

Just then I remember that the cat's annual shots are scheduled for March, so I made an appointment with her right there for both the cat and for sorting the insurance stuff out at the same time.

:)

Btw, just a little scratch on my car where the front hood molding kissed her rear bumper. The latter looks a little worse for wear.

The scratch on mine blends in easily with the five or six chips from stones, so no biggie. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What gets me is when someone parks so close to yours that you can't openthe door...

Everybody has witnessed that obnoxious thing when you park your car for itself and a few minutes later someone parks his right beside it, even though there are numerous other free spaces around.

Well this morning I took the Mustang to the grocery store, parked it next to a curb with seven free spaces on my left.

I go get my stuff and sure enough when I come back, there are still 6 free spaces but the one just next to my car is taken by a Nissan SUV.

I curse and get into my car.

Now here in Europe, parking lots and spaces are way smaller than in the U.S. so when I backed out my car was only a little shorter than the space in between the two rows, which means I have to maneuver back and forth to get out of there.

Here's the revenge part.

As I go forward, I must have gotten on the accelerator a little too hard and I smash right into the back of that Nissan. :)

That's what you deserve, right? :)

Now for the funny coincidence: I go back into the store and have the clerk at the reception desk call the owner over the PA.

The lady that claims to be the owner looks vaguely familiar and after I write down my name and phone number she suddenly says she remembers me.

Turns out she's the vet I always take my cat for its shots. :)

Just then I remember that the cat's annual shots are scheduled for March, so I made an appointment with her right there for both the cat and for sorting the insurance stuff out at the same time.

:)

Btw, just a little scratch on my car where the front hood molding kissed her rear bumper. The latter looks a little worse for wear.

The scratch on mine blends in easily with the five or six chips from stones, so no biggie. :)
Awesome story, sounds like it could be a "Seinfeld" episode.

Bummer, maybe she liked the looks of your car so she parked next to it. I always park way out in all of our cars; don't like door nicks and I need the exercise. It is amazing how often people park next to you when there are many open spaces around.

Back