7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carcowboy

Reaction score
My Car
Early 1972 Q code Grande Coupe
I think that means Cobra Jet
Hi there figured it was about time I joined up, I rock a 72 Q code grande coupe and a clone 71 429 Mach 1. I'm in the Calgary Alberta area if you don't know where that is watch road kill second rancharo episode they drive by us lol anyways I'm I the midst of restoring my grande, can't figure weather to go stock (paint stamp ok) or warm it up but keep it classy (not all out drag)? Any thoughts are great don't know how rare/desirable the car is feed back would be great thanks

image.jpgimage.jpg

I was thinking period correct Performace

The 72 Q code grande is pretty rare...

There were 75,395 coupes made in 72 and only 344 were Q codes with manual trans and 697 with autos. Best of luck with whatever you decide. I think the car would be worth spending the $18 to get a basic Marti report on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already done with all the fine print dso engine trany and options it's a one if one, engine body its about a one of 350 ish. I noticed there was one fellow on the registry with the same car engine color combo

My friends father has a 72 grande Q code 4 speed

Welcome from Phoenix. (My wife is from Bowden)

My thoughts. Typically the most money goes to unrestored low mileage originals. Coupes fetch less than the others.

I would make the coupe just how you want it. Differences in paint color or options won't change the value all that much if you ever decide to sell it.

It's in the works started putting the new cowl in last night, that pic is at it's worst it has it's new quarters, tail light panel and wheel tubs installed soon will be primer and blocking

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ouz95d&s=8

This the 429 car

image.jpg

This is the 429 car

I'm a new guy so don't mind me asking if there's any good threads on auto tranys. I had a fmx mated to my 429 ( it took some trickery ) it worked awesome for two seasons of beating with 475-500 fwhp, last year I upgraded to 600 ish hp and it worked great till I melted the clutch packs together and bent the imput shaft ( oops lol ) it was fun. I replaced it with a freshened up c6 with some tricks in it but I'm looking to do a roller bering set up and was courious if anyone was running one and what difrence they noticed

Thanks

Back