Shop Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did my shop with 6" recessed led lights. They rock! 1300 lumens, 5000K & only 19 watts. These are the brightest can lights out right now, at least that I could find. I know these are different than normal shop lights, but I already had recessed lights.

I just did my shop with 6" recessed led lights. They rock! 1300 lumens, 5000K & only 19 watts. These are the brightest can lights out right now, at least that I could find. I know these are different than normal shop lights, but I already had recessed lights.
I did the same thing, I had 6 inch recessed cans with compact flourescent. The LED's made a huge difference. Slowly converting other lights to LED as well. There is really no downside to them as long as you buy quality lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales man said over the phone price for the 8 foot conversion would be about $190 each. Just got the official quote at $323 each. They look like good quality lights but $323 is a lot of money. I will continue to look at other alternatives.

Geez, I got 17 double 6 foot fluorescents in my garage; to replace them with LED's would mean I'd have to sell the house first!

No comment in a garage but I have shot at a few international spec venues and led lighting is much better than the flouros. Brighter clear light

Last edited by a moderator:
The flourescents in my shop start to burn out after about 6 years of use. Its a chain reaction once the first one goes the second and third are soon to follow. I lost the first one a month ago and since then I have lost four more. I bought 40 bulbs to replace all of them in my shop and house garage so I would be good for another 6 years. The new bulbs are environmentally friendly with the green logo on them. I opened a box and replaced one bay in the shop. The new lights are not near as bright as the lights I took out so I boxed them back up and returned them. Now when a bulb burns out in the shop I rob one from the house garage. Some of the LED lights are advertising over 100,000 hours of life if that is true they should last the rest of my lifetime. LED is definitely the light of the future. I hope the price comes down before I use up all of the lights from my house garage.

Back