Hi Guys

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Jet_Australia

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 CJ -351C Ram Air w/C6 auto - Maroon & Argent
Hi, My name's Adrian. Currently 9 years into a 2 year restoration:rolleyes: of a 72 Q code mach 1. Bought the car in England, and was half way through restoring it when I emigrated to Australia.

Car is nealry finished now, but as a left hand drive car in South Australia, it can only be fitted with components originally available as dealer options in '72. As a consequence i've had to remove headers, alloy manifolds, perfomacne filters, coils etc (the list goes on), but I'm actually quite into the idea of getting it back to stock.

Hi Adrian,

::welcome:: to the forum. There are some Australians here, so you'll probably feel at home.

Nice to have you aboard.

Just letting you know another Australian signed up just now. I am from Perth, and have a 71 Gold Grande Coupe. I think I have the only coupe in Perth but would be keen to meet up with anyone else in town.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome Adrian. Yeah, the South Australian originality policy really sucks, particularly as we next door in Victoria can modify to our hearts content (within roadworthy regulations of course) and you don't hear of any problems with mods in our neck of the woods. I believe you are not even allowed to change the colour away from original in SA :huh:

The only thing my car needed to get Vic registered was an $800 engineers report stating the car complied with the Australian Design Rules at the date of manufacture, and seeing as our ADR's pretty much followed the US version the sign off was pretty much a formality, with the two main things I needed to alter were install Aussie made seat belts and headlights that dip to the left instead of the right.

The positive side though is that a stock Mach 1 looks brilliant anyway - chuck a set of 15" magnums on the blighter and as a stock car it will really look the goods!

Just letting you know another Australian signed up just now. I am from Perth, and have a 71 Gold Grande Coupe. I think I have the only coupe in Perth but would be keen to meet up with anyone else in town.
Welcome Bomarshall.

If you feel like it then head over to the usermap and stick another pin in Australia. We're getting into position to overtake Europe on there, and we've already completely blitzed Iceland and South America! (another step forward in our dastardly provincial long-term plan to outpin the United States itself....)

http://www.7173mustangs.com/usermap.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, My name's Adrian. Currently 9 years into a 2 year restoration:rolleyes: of a 72 Q code mach 1. Bought the car in England, and was half way through restoring it when I emigrated to Australia.

Car is nealry finished now, but as a left hand drive car in South Australia, it can only be fitted with components originally available as dealer options in '72. As a consequence i've had to remove headers, alloy manifolds, perfomacne filters, coils etc (the list goes on), but I'm actually quite into the idea of getting it back to stock.
::welcome:: enjoy the site

::welcome:: and if you start your own thred in the introduction you will get a proper welcome not all jumbled with someone elses

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.

::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.
Crazy, I know, but it's just state law in South Australia - and you can only drive them for 90 days of the year! I guess they reckon they're dangerous - or are trying to reduce the number of imports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back