Hi Guys

Cobra_Jet_Australia

Hi, My name's Adrian. Currently 9 years into a 2 year restoration:rolleyes: of a 72 Q code mach 1. Bought the car in England, and was half way through restoring it when I emigrated to Australia.

Car is nealry finished now, but as a left hand drive car in South Australia, it can only be fitted with components originally available as dealer options in '72. As a consequence i've had to remove headers, alloy manifolds, perfomacne filters, coils etc (the list goes on), but I'm actually quite into the idea of getting it back to stock.

Just letting you know another Australian signed up just now. I am from Perth, and have a 71 Gold Grande Coupe. I think I have the only coupe in Perth but would be keen to meet up with anyone else in town.

Welcome Adrian. Yeah, the South Australian originality policy really sucks, particularly as we next door in Victoria can modify to our hearts content (within roadworthy regulations of course) and you don't hear of any problems with mods in our neck of the woods. I believe you are not even allowed to change the colour away from original in SA :huh:

The only thing my car needed to get Vic registered was an $800 engineers report stating the car complied with the Australian Design Rules at the date of manufacture, and seeing as our ADR's pretty much followed the US version the sign off was pretty much a formality, with the two main things I needed to alter were install Aussie made seat belts and headlights that dip to the left instead of the right.

The positive side though is that a stock Mach 1 looks brilliant anyway - chuck a set of 15" magnums on the blighter and as a stock car it will really look the goods!

Just letting you know another Australian signed up just now. I am from Perth, and have a 71 Gold Grande Coupe. I think I have the only coupe in Perth but would be keen to meet up with anyone else in town.

Welcome Bomarshall.

If you feel like it then head over to the usermap and stick another pin in Australia. We're getting into position to overtake Europe on there, and we've already completely blitzed Iceland and South America! (another step forward in our dastardly provincial long-term plan to outpin the United States itself....)

http://www.7173mustangs.com/usermap.php

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Hi, My name's Adrian. Currently 9 years into a 2 year restoration:rolleyes: of a 72 Q code mach 1. Bought the car in England, and was half way through restoring it when I emigrated to Australia.

Car is nealry finished now, but as a left hand drive car in South Australia, it can only be fitted with components originally available as dealer options in '72. As a consequence i've had to remove headers, alloy manifolds, perfomacne filters, coils etc (the list goes on), but I'm actually quite into the idea of getting it back to stock.

::welcome:: enjoy the site

::welcome:: and if you start your own thred in the introduction you will get a proper welcome not all jumbled with someone elses

Welcome to the forum fellas. Glad to have you aboard, cruise over to the map and stick some pins in it! And pics?

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Welcome to the Club from Virginia! Keep the posts and pics comming.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome to both of you! Glad you found us. As stated, we'd love to see some pics as soon as you get a chance.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Welcome to forum board guys!!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.

::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.

Crazy, I know, but it's just state law in South Australia - and you can only drive them for 90 days of the year! I guess they reckon they're dangerous - or are trying to reduce the number of imports?

Crazy, I know, but it's just state law in South Australia - and you can only drive them for 90 days of the year! I guess they reckon they're dangerous - or are trying to reduce the number of imports?

I suppose that points out again why it is called a "legal system" rather than a "justice system". Could you trick them with a mirror? Again, welcome.

Chuck

I think it was a Federal Government directive in 1999 that allowed for the importation of 30 year or older LHD vehicles (and kudos to them for common sense!), with each state government given a certain amount of jurisdiction on how to best implement the federal policy. South Australian officials were clearly a weak-kneed bunch of sissies and thought the world might end in a flood of potentially dangerous LHD cars, and I'm guessing they implemented the severe originality system to make sure that only "real collectors" would buy LHD cars, and all of the hoons that like to mod their cars would give them a miss.

Eleven years on and the SA government looks quite bumpkinly and parochial to the rest of us in the neighbouring states considering that the relaxed rules the rest of us enjoy have never caused any problems.

Thankfully for Mustang owners in SA, the cars look fantastic stock anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

Brett

phonestang2.jpg