Video 71 Boss running autocross

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Check out this Boss running the autocross at the Scottsdale Good-Guys show

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing.

Announcer said, "Stroked Windsor Motor"...

It is a restomodded Boss 351. Motor is a stroker (418) and Cleveland, not a Windsor. The article says they 'rejuvenated' the Boss block.

It is a really nice car and it looks like he is having some fun. A tight course like that one is tailored to small, lightweight sports cars. Boss was out of its element in my opinion.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/0704phr-1971-ford-boss-mustang/

Ray

He was really ticked off when he ran this one. He had the GoPro all set to record and just as he was about to leave he got a spam call and was not able to reconnect with the camera. I love it when he steps on it after spinning out, really sounds good. 500 rwhp and 5 year old tires Notice the announcer saying "no I don't think he has hit anything". He may have spun a bit but never hit a cone the whole time. Nice to see he is not afraid to run it. This was his second run of the weekend, he ran many more more times

He was really ticked off when he ran this one. He had the GoPro all set to record and just as he was about to leave he got a spam call and was not able to reconnect with the camera. I love it when he steps on it after spinning out, really sounds good. 500 rwhp and 5 year old tires Notice the announcer saying "no I don't think he has hit anything". He may have spun a bit but never hit a cone the whole time. Nice to see he is not afraid to run it. This was his second run of the weekend, he ran many more more times
Beautiful car, sounds fantastic....thanks for posting.

To get a car like this smoothly around such a tight course you need to keep the RPM high and slip the clutch a lot, to get the back end to swing and slide quickly in the transitions. Unfortunately, driving like that will tear up a clutch, diff and tires in no time.

I give the guy kudos for getting it out there. My poor old high-mile pony would surely have "thrown a shoe" before half way through...

Back