• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Driver side door hinge stop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
For some reason my Mustang's driver side door has never had the stop pin that keep the door open in the lower hinge. I don't know why, but it's a pain in my butt when that heavy door slams shut on my legs! Can anyone help in providing one that is in good shape and not bent. I am not too worried about surface coatings as I will restore it with the hinge as well. Thanks everyone!

- Nik

my drivers side broke last year, I haven't replaced it yet, its part of the hinge, its like a torsion spring, so its always under pressure, and they just give up after a while.

I have a set of hinges I bought, but I haven't done it yet, because I have to have them painted, and remove the fender to install it.

I was unaware that they were one piece. I was hoping I could just find the torsion bar and install it... Guess I will be on the hunt for a driver side lower door hinge, complete and don't care what shape it is in, I can blast and paint it.

The spring can be changed, they are not one piece.

Problem is finding one - most of the time if the spring is good, the hinge is good - so you end up buying the hinge just to get the spring

I'll see what I have

Don

I have a couple of Pass side springs

I have driver side hinges with the spring

Back