Delete plate info needed.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneN6T

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q code.
I was lucky enough to find a Radio delete plate for my 72'.

Am now looking for info on a Antenna delete plate. The only thing I have been able to find, is some people use a Fox Body Mustang antenna delete plate. Does anyone know what was done to our cars in 7173 when someone ordered the radio delete option as far as the antenna is concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked at Ford Dealer from 1975-2013. So If I remember correctly, unless it was a high end car like a T-Bird or Lincoln, a radio was not standard. So most of these cars did not have an antenna hole from the factory. When the car arrived at the dealer, it went through a process called PDI (pre-delivery & inspection) So if the car was ordered with a radio the Tech would check for "loose" parts in the trunk (floor mats, antenna kit, etc). The kit would have all the radio installation parts, hardware, and a template for drilling the holes needed for the antenna. Don't remember if a delete plate was offered then. I don't have any of my old parts catalogs with me to check. If anyone has a set of 65-72 catalogs or maybe a CD they could check basic 18919.(hope that's right) If there was one offered there is probably zero chance of finding one since it was more than likely a very slow moving and soon discontinued part.

The one for the Fox Mustang may be your best bet. It was originally engineered for the 93 "R" Cobra but should work for you. Hope this helps.

I believe Secluff is right, there was no antenna hole on the fender, and when you bought the radio kit or antenna kit it came with a template to drill the hole.

Worked at Ford Dealer from 1975-2013. So If I remember correctly, unless it was a high end car like a T-Bird or Lincoln, a radio was not standard. So most of these cars did not have an antenna hole from the factory. When the car arrived at the dealer, it went through a process called PDI (pre-delivery & inspection) So if the car was ordered with a radio the Tech would check for "loose" parts in the trunk (floor mats, antenna kit, etc). The kit would have all the radio installation parts, hardware, and a template for drilling the holes needed for the antenna. Don't remember if a delete plate was offered then. I don't have any of my old parts catalogs with me to check. If anyone has a set of 65-72 catalogs or maybe a CD they could check basic 18919.(hope that's right) If there was one offered there is probably zero chance of finding one since it was more than likely a very slow moving and soon discontinued part.

The one for the Fox Mustang may be your best bet. It was originally engineered for the 93 "R" Cobra but should work for you. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the very informative reply, Much appreciated.

Back