Anyone Do a Fuel Injection Conversion on a 351C?

I've been running an injected Cleveland for about 6 years now. I used OEM Ford parts, using EEC-IV control, but also upgraded to EDIS8 with the 36-1 trigger wheel and eliminated the distributor. Very reliable and powerful.

1971 Mustang fastback: 10.3:1 C90E 408W hydroller - CDAN4 EEC-V w/EDIS8, girdled, lowered and caged

All,

Great thread and awesome pictures. To sum it up, it all has to do with atomization of the fuel and air into the combustion chamber.

Fuel Atomization in internal-combustion engines, the mixing of fuel with air or some other oxidizer within the engine in order to achieve complete and rapid combustion of the fuel. In carburetor engines atomization is accomplished by the carburetor; in diesel engines and gasoline engines with direct fuel injection atomization is accomplished by nozzles. In all piston engines atomization also occurs while the fuel mixture moves through the combustion chamber.

Source: http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Fuel+Atomization 06/09/15

The Carburetor, as the technology of the time, did what it is was designed to. Unfortunately, it's design was not the most efficient delivery system as with the EFI system. As stated in earlier threads, the EFI system can adjust to the maximum efficiency per the design of the delivery system.

Once I can afford it, EFI is the way I will go!

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne