1972 Mustang Sprint Guy in Danville, IL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow, 4 speed
1973 H code Convertible ivy glow, FMX
Back in the late 70's in Danville, Illinois, my brother and I were roaming around town and came upon this house that had what I later found out to be '72 Sprint Mustangs. We didn't know the proper term for these cars so we called them All American Mustangs :s. A few years later, I found out the guys name - Dick Smither. He lived on Greenwood Cemetery road in Danville, IL. I swear I remember him having one of the 50 Sprint convertibles. It has been more than 30 years since I have been in that part of town. Just wondering if any of the members here had heard of Dick Smither and whatever happened to all of his 72 Sprints. I think he had several.

Greenwood Cemetery road

I can only come to one conclusion....
Yes - he died and his cars were sold off by the family.

The convertible 2F03F184266 ended up being restored by Howard D and is owned by the Martin's in Kentucky. I do not know where the coupe and fastback ended up.

http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

Rex

Greenwood Cemetery road

I can only come to one conclusion....
Yes - he died and his cars were sold off by the family.

The convertible 2F03F184266 ended up being restored by Howard D and is owned by the Martin's in Kentucky. I do not know where the coupe and fastback ended up.

http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

Rex
Oh, sorry to hear that. Thanks for that update Rex. I was only a teenager when I saw those cars at his place. Glad to hear the convertible went to a good home.

Dicks sprint convertible from back in the day.

And the others he owned.
Great photos Rex. I saw all of those cars back in the late 70's at his place in Danville (my home town). I would love to have one of those convertibles someday to add to my stable!

Back