Drivetrain Complete

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
Motor is finally in and running!! Everything seems to be working, Motor fires right up, trans is going into all gears, brakes are stopping car, and all wiring issues fixed!! All lights exterior and interior are working!! I want to thank EVERYBODY that has helped me along the way!! Looks like I will be driving my car this year!!!

Got to take it out for a drive yesterday!! All I can say is WOW!! I went from 2:75 rear gears to 3:50's, 2800 stall converter, and then 2bbl stock cleveland to a full 4V setup pushing 375 ft. lbs torque 345 hp. What a completely different car!! I can really feel how rigid the car is with the sub-frame connectors, and I have to get used to how the stall converter feels. I think I still have to tweak the vacuum modulator on the tranny a bit. seems like it shifts too fast. And I still have to get in for an alignment. Hoping to get pics loaded soon.

Still not sure yet, I think it may be a bent throttle rod. I did readjust timing and went through the air/fuel mixture procedure again and the idle came down a little, but I still don't think its right. I'm just gonna watch it for a bit while I get the alignment and stuff done and go from there.

Back