• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want To Buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
I'm looking for a rear pair of staggered shock mounting plates (at the spring). If anyone has a set let me know. Thanks, Chuck

I'm looking for a rear pair of staggered shock mounting plates (at the spring). If anyone has a set let me know. Thanks, Chuck
Keep checking eBay. Put in a search for "staggered shocks". It took me a few months, but I got a set for a reasonable price.

-Travis

That's a right handed, same as non-staggered shock plates. The left side is the hard one to get. You can also use a right handed one on the left side. The pitch is a little off, but it will work. Considering that you have the upper mount, of course. The staggered upper mount is not there on non-staggered (competition suspension) cars.

True staggered shock plates are stamped, others are not. FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck,

When I was searching to do the staggered shock mounts for my '69 428SCJ "tribute" Mach 1 (original H Code), I followed the advice from this guy:

http://www.sancospecialties.com/stagger.HTM

Obtained the Maverick mounts from a guy (maverick maniac) off Ebay.

As an aside, I used this same individual (Sanco) to get my shock tower braces for the '69.

BT

Chuck,

When I was searching to do the staggered shock mounts for my '69 428SCJ "tribute" Mach 1 (original H Code), I followed the advice from this guy:

As an aside, I used this same individual (Sanco) to get my shock tower braces for the '69.

BT
BT, I know about the 71-77 five lug Maverick plates and it is an option if I can't find the originals at a reasonable price. Sanyo does make some nice products. Thanks for responding. How is the 1969 Mach 1 project coming along? It will be a great car when finished. Chuck

Chuck,

BT
BT, I know about the 71-77 five lug Maverick plates and it is an option if I can't find the originals at a reasonable price. Sanyo does make some nice products. Thanks for responding. How is the 1969 Mach 1 project coming along? It will be a great car when finished. Chuck
Yes, I will post up some updates in the "Other Mustang" forum.
BT

Back