Tightening the Passenger Side Mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is about useless. Is there any way to correct this?
Mirror Base to door skin? Mirror Head to mirror Base? --Or Mirror glass to mirror head?

I'm going to try this instead. The passenger side mirror is pretty useless, and seems to always get out of adjustment. I am going to mount the camera looking out the passenger window so I can see the blind spot. This monitor can use 2 cameras too. I might end up putting a camera in the back too. I'm mounting the monitor where map light would be, should be able to make a bracket for that. http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/BackupCameraKits/5-Monitor-and-a-Frontal-Camera

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been a few threads about this, here's one:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sport-mirror-replacement
Thanks, I must have missed that one.

After reading it through it seems all I can do is glue it in place.

Unfortunately my mirror always points down. It´s never bothered me until yesterday. It must have been a crazy coincidence or a matter of a split second but as I was about to change lanes, I looked over my right shoulder and out my side window and did not see anything.

Then just as I was starting to pull right I hear a car honk furiously and then I noticed that a complete Audi A 5 had been hiding in a dead spot and I almost drove into it.

That has somewhat changed my perspective on the subject.

Taking into account that I have been driving this car for 14 years and personally put 150 000 KM on it, it must have been a crazy coincidence because it´s never happened before.

If you are willing to replace the glass, there is a fix for the floppy mirror. There is a video from west coast cougers that shows how to tighten the ball socket up. I did it and it worked good!!

It is a great time to upgrade to the convex mirror glass, it really helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the other cars should respect the pecking order and just get out of my way. Would be much less work for me. :)

Back