71 Mustang, your kidding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like the Cougar tail lights on our cars very much. It seems to be well done indeed. That car is definitely showing some talent but unfortunately also a special kind of taste. :)

The front looks very Knight Rider to me with the twin square headlights.

Saw this one last time, and aside from the obnoxious fender flares, I kinda like it a little bit (the quad rectangular lights in that grille opening just work for me for some reason). ;) :p

Swap out the early Cougar taillights for some '71-'73 Cougar taillights, cut-in some "Pegasus"-style lower quarter ducts, add some Forgeline RB3C rims, throw in some TMI Mach 1 Sport R seats, and we're onto something there. ::thumb::

Of course, you're also talking dropping in a Coyote 5.0 as well. :cool:

Eric, I´ve seen mention of 71-73 Cougar taillights in the past. Why those?

I looked them up on Google and saw that they have bevelled corners. Is it because of those? They´d follow the lines of the fender extensions better?

I´ve never seen them installed on any car.

Yup - that's what I'm thinkin'. As cool as the early Cougar lights are, those chrome vertical ribs work better with white walls and wire wheel hubcaps, IMHO.

I saw them on a '71-'73 one time and thought someone had tossed on a set of '77-'78 Firebird taillights, but they corrected me about being '71-'73 Cougar taillights. I can't remember where I saw the picture, though.

Yeah it sure looks like no takers. Someone spent a ton of time and money on this. Modifications usually limit desirability. Or to say it another way - the greater the mod the more limited the interested buyers.

This is a modified car that I see as interesting. I don't care for the 'jeep-like' fender flares.

bushwacker-jeep-cj-cut-out-10910-07.jpgimagesS35TOWR7.jpg

The pointed nose - not sure about that. Tilt front is a cool mod for such a wild custom.

Would like to see round lights (Mangusta - like)

1970 Mangusta.JPG

Ray

Yeah, I'm not fond of those Bushwacker "pocket" flares, either. Big tires are supposed to stick out on Jeeps! :D :D :D

Jeep_carshow_2011-1.jpg

the first thing i thought of when i clicked the link was "that needs to be in a mad max movie" then further down mad max was mentioned in the thread LOL!

i kind of like it but i would never purchase it.

Back