1969 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
As some of you are aware, I am the original owner of a 1973 Mach 1 (Fire). Heavily modified, it currently has a 1969 428SCJ motor in it that I acquired @35 years ago while stationed in the Republic of the Philippines.

In November 2012, I purchased a very straight "H" coded 1969 Mach 1 "body." I decided to build a '69 "Tribute" (although updated) 428SCJ Mach 1, utilizing the motor from "Fire." I had already obtained a cast iron tailshaft C6 back in 1998.

Note: I had previously acquired a 429SCJ block which I have now had bored and stroked to 545 which is going into "Fire."

To date, I have completed the following on the '69:

Installed a 31 spline 3.91 traction lok rearend and axles

Installed staggered shocks

Installed Frame Connectors

Installed Shock Tower Braces

Installed Headliner

Installed Fold Down Rear Seat

Installed Glass and Doors

Had fenders, deck lid, hood and doors prepped for paint

2608tw3.jpg

I will be updating this thread as progress continues.

BT

Sweet! I must admit that I think the 69 fastback is the coolest and most beautiful Mustang of all, ours included.

Now you can kick me out. :)

Sweet! I must admit that I think the 69 fastback is the coolest and most beautiful Mustang of all, ours included.

Now you can kick me out. :)
I agree and I think the 69 Mach1 is much nicer than the Shelby

I too look forward to the updates on this build. I like the concept you are going with. I think the gloss black paint makes these cars look tough, great choice.

The 69' fastback is one of my dream cars, along with a 71'cuda. However, I do not foresee myself being able to get either of these. I really have to start playing the lottery lol

I love 1969 Mach 1's! Tried to get my parents to buy one for me in high school that all original from original owner for 3k, didn't happen though. Can't wait to see some updates and more pictures!

I know, I know, it has been awhile since I provided an update on this thread!lollerz

Anyway, here are a few pictures:

This is the fold down seat installed...sourced the parts from multiple sources.

This is a picture of the installed motor.

Engine bay from different angle.

This is a picture of the visit to the "Muffler" shop

Picture taken today...bit dirty as I had it out for a "run."

BT

upload your photos

This is similar to what I am going for, except I will have the shaker hood scoop and MAY not stripe it.

jtnbyv.jpg

BT
You mean like this..... 428 CJ R-Code Close Ratio 4 spd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Rackerm, would make it sorta like that one; I just got to convince the First Lady to let me stripe it...so far she is not budging. 

She told me I can do what I want to with the two '73s and the 2003 Marauder but she likes the '69 as it is now. 

She has been talking about driving it to church, although she says it is a bit "loud." lollerz

BT

For me, the red stripes perfectly accent the car. Goes nicely with the red interior seat accents and the floor matt inserts. Gotta have em!

Back