Built a manly coffee table

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi guys,

I know this has been done before, but I wanted to share this nonetheless. The wife has been chewing my ears for a while now because she wanted a new coffee table for the living room.

As her every wish is my command (mainly for for the sake of peace and quiet), I went ahead and made one.

It's pretty cool that it acts as a coffee table and a bar both at the same time. Tim Taylor would probably love it! (ugh ugh):D

The glass top is a makeshift solution and will be replaced with a larger one but the glasser needs another few days to fabricate it.

The block is a 1968 made in Mexico 302 with a busted cylinder wall that was put to death in a 1965 Mustang Hardtop raced in classic racing.

I also have a 1966 289 lying here that encountered the same fate in another race. Maybe I'll do another one.....

013.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I need on for my man cave! (Wife would never let that in the living room! LOL)

That is indeed the manliest coffee table I've ever seen Mike. I suggest you use a more manly name for it though...like "grog bench" or "lager trestle", and maybe use the lifter bores as Cuban cigar holders.

Nice cupholders. I can't wait to see the end tables.
End tables....... Hmm.... I got some Torq Thrust rims in the garage or the original Magnum 500s....... Don't give me ideas!

Yep, that is really cool!!! same here I should make one for my cave!!!!!!

Back