heard our cars compared to a boat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
I literally laughed out loud when I read that, I always thought of mine as more of an airplane than a boat:)

Thoughts?

p.s. I am just about finished painting our car, pics to come soon.

You know, its been posted before, with pictures...but when I park my 2010 GT next to the 72 Mach, the 2010 is taller, just as wide, and almost as long as the 72.

I think that buying, keeping, maintaining, and restoring a boat might be cheaper... but other than that - I got nothin'.

I had a '65 Evinrude Sport 16 tri-hull ski-boat, and I have to be honest: the first few times I got the boat on the water, it was a blast. But after the novelty wore off, it was more of a chore to get it to the lake, in the lake, out of the lake, cleaned up, back home, and stored.

Oh - and there's no comparison between "old Mustang," and "old boat." Mustang wins every time. ;)

I think that buying, keeping, maintaining, and restoring a boat might be cheaper... but other than that - I got nothin'.

I had a '65 Evinrude Sport 16 tri-hull ski-boat, and I have to be honest: the first few times I got the boat on the water, it was a blast. But after the novelty wore off, it was more of a chore to get it to the lake, in the lake, out of the lake, cleaned up, back home, and stored.

Oh - and there's no comparison between "old Mustang," and "old boat." Mustang wins every time. ;)
I bought my current boat brand new in 99 and it was a blast for us for the first 10 years, times change and we haven't used it in almost 2 years. My land boat is alot easier and more fun to use. Just jump in and go, not to mention a smile a minute.

We consider amy's an air craft carrier as you could land a small plane on the hood :) . I don't really think the general public doesn't "like: 123's. I think they just don't see many of them. Every time we are out in ours it is nothing but thumbs up. "wow I like you car" and what year camaro is that.

We consider amy's an air craft carrier as you could land a small plane on the hood :) . I don't really think the general public doesn't "like: 123's. I think they just don't see many of them. Every time we are out in ours it is nothing but thumbs up. "wow I like you car" and what year camaro is that.
Exactly what I was going to say. Every show I attend I get lots of people looking at my car. I have yet to hear a negative comment about my car. I often walk up as people are talking for that reason. I really want to know what they think.

Perhaps we are all over reacting to what was said decades ago. It just does not matter, we all know our cars are a work of automotive art. It was instant for me the day I saw the 71 Mustangs and will always be my favorite car from the past.

You hit it on the head re public not seeing many of our cars. But when they do...it's all positive.

No over reaction here, I like having cars that not everyone else has. I get alot of positive responses to this body style and it amazes me the amount of people that have no clue what kind of car it is. I should have pics of the new paint job up shortly.

Through the experiences of others. A boat to me is: A hole in the water that you throw money in. I would much rather have my Mustang.

Through the experiences of others. A boat to me is: A hole in the water that you throw money in. I would much rather have my Mustang.
The two best days in your life are the day you get the boat and the day you sell it!

We were amazed the first time we took the Mach out. Our 73 Cougar vert is a very close cousin and that car is a boat and not in a good way. The Mustang is so nimble and drives so much better it is hard to believe they have so much in common

I had some paint work on some parts done locally and I the shop manager found me to talk. Turns out he has owned various Mustangs all his life and has a 69 Mach 1, and was interested in what I have. He said he is VERY active in clubs, shows, the latest trends...etc. Said the 71-73 Mustangs are ready to "explode" in popularity.

... Said the 71-73 Mustangs are ready to "explode" in popularity.
I fully agree with that statement and see it happening in real time. Just compare how many aftermarket parts that are available today that weren't available say 5 years ago. Or how many 7123 cars you see at the car shows. We had 8 in the Pensacola show this year.

Back