First Car Restoration W/ Pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 1973 Mustang Coupe that I am fixing up.
100_4227.JPG100_4223.JPG100_4220.JPG100_4219.JPG100_4216.JPG

Well, this is my first car, a 70's muscle car. A 1973 Mustang Coupe. I am 15, no license yet, and decided it would be fun to restore a car. It needs relatively little body work done besides sanding and painting. It needs plenty of interior work, reupholstering and a little wire chasing because half of the electrical doesn't work. It runs surprisingly well besides idling a little high and a bit of an exhaust leak, both pretty simple fixes. As for the rust, I have already taken care of most of that, there was a lot, but considering it is 50 years old it was about as good as I could expect. I paid 1,700$ for it, have in another 500$ in it and need to spend another 2000-3000$. I plan to drive it for a few years and then sell it, if I do a good enough job I could probably make a decent profit. This could be a good first car.

I'll try to keep you guys posted,

Travis

[Edit}

All the red you see is the original paint color, not rust.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a nice starter car for being your first car, Congrats !!!! I used to live in the Bremerton area and later this summer I'll have my car there so if you are up for it I'd like to see your car. Here is an offer, I have 6 qts of Wimbledon White (9A) paint, reducers and clear to do your car. If your not concerned about keeping it the original color it's yours.

-jbojo

Edit: Oh yeah I have the primer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a nice starter car for being your first car, Congrats !!!! I used to live in the Bremerton area and later this summer I'll have my car there so if you are up for it I'd like to see your car. Here is an offer, I have 6 qts of Wimbledon White (9A) paint, reducers and clear to do your car. If your not concerned about keeping it the original color it's yours.

-jbojo

Thanks! That would be great, ill private message you soon, white was one of my possible color choices.

-jbojo

Thanks! That would be great, ill private message you soon, white was one of my possible color choices.
BTW, it's free if you decide on white.

Back