Paint Code Specs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Sudek

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Bright Lime Q code 4 speed Mach1
Hello all, I just joined the forum, wondering if anybody knows or where I could find the stats on how many Bright Lime Machs were built in 1971 and 1972. I used to be a member on the Boss 302 forum and they had a breakdown statistic sheet for all the colors produced. Thanks in advance!!! Mike

Welcome from Oklahoma.

There is a breakdown, but I don't have my information with me. Hopefully someone will post up soon.

Ray

Hi Michael and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Please remember to also put a pin on our member map. It´s on the top right of the page under "Fun Stuff".

Welcome aboard, MIke!

While Marti's Book (Mustang by the Numbers 1967 -1973) does not break the fastbacks down to show Mach 1s, it does show the following for Fastbacks.

1971 Paint Code I (India), there were 3,277 Bright Lime Green Fastbacks

1972 Paint Code 4E, there were 1,562 Bright Lime Fastbacks

Again, it is not broken down to show Mach 1s. Perhaps someone with an original Bright Lime Mach 1 will post up.

BT

Being the original owner of a "grabber lime" Mach, I was always curious about how many grabber lime Mach 1's were made. So I ordered a MartiAutoWorks report for my car.

Kevin broke my car down as follows:

149,682 1971 Mustangs of which

36,498 were Mach 1's. Of them

14,135 were built with 351-2V engines.

10,730 of those came with FMX automatic transmissions.

663 of them were painted Grabber Lime.

He then goes on to break down numbers based on options.

So in reality there could be more based upon engine sizes.

Hope this sheds a little light on Grabber Lime Mach's

Mac

Thanks for the welcomes and for the feedaback. From what I have researched so far I guess they called it Grabber Lime with paint code 1 in 1971 and Bright Lime with code 4E in 1972. I do not think it was available in 1973? my guess is that it was not real popular back then? Anyways I like it and it looks like similiar colors are again available on current new cars. Thanks Again, Mike

Thanks for the welcomes and for the feedaback. From what I have researched so far I guess they called it Grabber Lime with paint code 1 in 1971 and Bright Lime with code 4E in 1972. I do not think it was available in 1973? my guess is that it was not real popular back then? Anyways I like it and it looks like similiar colors are again available on current new cars. Thanks Again, Mike

Just as BT said above - please remember there is no paint code

"1" (one) for 1971-3 Mustangs.

The correct code for Grabber Lime is "I" as in Iowa for 1971 and 1972.

It might simply be the way these characters appear on the computer screen.

I sometimes have trouble with lower case "L" (l) and "1" ...

:)

Ray

Welcome aboard from SE Michigan..

You've come to the right place looking for info.

Back