89 XR7 Cougar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramair

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe 351W
1973 Cougar Convertible(sold)
1966 Mercury Comet 202
1985 F150 4X4
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7
1962 Ford Fairlane
I have not been here or posted on the site for a while. So I sold one Cougar(73 XR7 Q code convertible) and bought a 89 XR7 with the factory 3.8 and a Eaton supercharger sitting on top of it. It needs some work, doesn't idle very well. Once the engine hits about 1000-1200 rpm the engine smooths out. The body is ok, could use a repaint, grill and few other odds and ends. The interior is pretty descent shape, it needs some speaker covers and a new power antenna switch.

009.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

I have it up and going, runs pretty good, been driving it for a month now. I had to replace the whole ignition system, the DIS, cam position sensor, crank position sensor and coil pack. The car has a real bad oil leak out of the valve cover need to replace them. I figure I will change the plugs and wires on it at the same time since they are very hard to get to. Since I will have half the engine removed to get to the valve covers I figure I should do the plugs at the same time.

These little SC 3.8 cars are pretty quick, but my 73 Mustang would still hand its azz to it in a race,lol.

Back