• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Power windows 72

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I made it home with a parts car this morning at 1:00 1972 convertible. I started to tear it apart and started at the rear bumper and now have the power windows out except for the wiring in the dash and the relay. The passenger side front and rear work and the rear drivers side rear tries to work. The switches in the drivers door and passenger door were present but the two switches in the rear are gone along with the trim pieces. I will put up pictures tomorrow after I clean up everything. I will offer here before putting on ebay if someone is interested make me an offer. I have a blaster so I will pull the pancake motors apart and clean the dried grease out and lube then and clean the brushes.

Great option and I think all the glass is really good.

PM me if you are interested and I will send pics tomorrow.

This car was loaded had tilt column, power steering, power brakes, air, power windows, AM/FM, 351 H code, NASA hood that is rusty, unbroken Mach 1 honey comb rear panel. The original black dash only has one crack in it. It was a standard interior car which was odd to have all the goodies.

I will also sell the air, tilt column and any other parts but the radio, side panels, A post covers and windshield that I need.

David

David,

How's the rear deck panel between the trunk lid and the convertible well opening? Mine's pretty rusty and I need to replace it.

M-269.jpg

Thanks,

Curtis

David,

How's the rear deck panel between the trunk lid and the convertible well opening? Mine's pretty rusty and I need to replace it.

M-269.jpg

Thanks,

Curtis
Curtis,

There are actually no rust bubbles in it an I was going to cut it out along with the back seat panel and the windshield frame. I will get some good pictures and send tomorrow.

The car looks like they painted it with lacquer years ago so easy to get off.

David

I made it home with a parts car this morning at 1:00 1972 convertible. I started to tear it apart and started at the rear bumper and now have the power windows out except for the wiring in the dash and the relay. The passenger side front and rear work and the rear drivers side rear tries to work. The switches in the drivers door and passenger door were present but the two switches in the rear are gone along with the trim pieces. I will put up pictures tomorrow after I clean up everything. I will offer here before putting on ebay if someone is interested make me an offer. I have a blaster so I will pull the pancake motors apart and clean the dried grease out and lube then and clean the brushes.

This car was loaded had tilt column, power steering, power brakes, air, power windows, AM/FM, 351 H code, NASA hood that is rusty, unbroken Mach 1 honey comb rear panel. The original black dash only has one crack in it. It was a standard interior car which was odd to have all the goodies.

I will also sell the air, tilt column and any other parts but the radio, side panels, A post covers and windshield that I need.

David
Hey David, if the passenger and driver gang of 5 are in tact I would have some interest. The missing trim and corrsponding clips are the majic in these sets. IF they are gone it's useful as a repair piece. Those are unfortunately not reproduced and its a cool option killer. It is possible you may have what i dont have. So send me some pic's and lets talk. If the compressor is good we can discuss the a/c. I've bought some panels in NC as well I may just take a few days off and go for a ride your way.!

BTW ::thumb:: to you guys that bird dog this ad for me!!!!!

David
Hey David, if the passenger and driver gang of 5 are in tact I would have some interest. The missing trim and corrsponding clips are the majic in these sets. IF they are gone it's useful as a repair piece. Those are unfortunately not reproduced and its a cool option killer. It is possible you may have what i dont have. So send me some pic's and lets talk. If the compressor is good we can discuss the a/c. I've bought some panels in NC as well I may just take a few days off and go for a ride your way.!

I don't know why the rear switches and trim were gone. They had actually covered over the side panels to cover the holes.

I took the rear ones out a different way than they showed on youtube by the people who rebuild them. I took everything out through the opening for the glass and did not have an issue. It is a pain to work on the rear ones for sure.

I have the 72 but do not think the power window fit what it will be, simple and plain.

Come on down to the south and we can have some good food.

David

David

Here are a couple pics waiting for your email to send more. I did take pictures with everything in place. I do not know if all the holes are there for the power windows in all cars or not. I am including the window guides and all the stops in case this is for a Mach 1 that does not have them. There is one welded in stud on each side in the rear that I cannot send but have all bolts and nuts where they go. The rubber boots from A post to door are both in great shape and not cracked or torn. You have to feed them in from the door due to the switches being too large to go through the hole in the door.

I am almost having second thoughts about keeping them for my 72 Q vert. Give me your offer and we will go from there.

Thanks,

David

David,

M-269.jpg

Thanks,

Curtis

Curtis,

I finally got the convertible top frame off and the tack strip off the back. Why did they put 2" long bolts with loose nuts on them or is this one just missing the weld nuts. Anyway I got pictures of the panel you need. It is much better than the one on mine I am fixing but it has already been repaired so it is for sell. I can cut the entire gutter system out if yours is rusty this one has very little compared to some I have seen.

Let me know what you are willing to pay. I will air chisel it out and stay away from what you need and you can drill the spot welds and work the good piece down. should have done PM but here we go.

Thanks,

David

David,

Thanks for the pictures. Looks kinda rusty along the right drip channel side next to the quarter panel and along the convertible well opening where the chrome trim attaches. The drip rail is in great condition however. My car has the same issue of someone used barn lag bolts to hold the tack strips to the body and long bolts with nuts instead of repairing the blind nuts properly. Mine has rusted thru on several spots along the flat area in front of the deck lid. I think I'll pass on this one.

Thank you for your effort on the pictures.

Curtis

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Thanks for the pictures. Looks kinda rusty along the right drip channel side next to the quarter panel and along the convertible well opening where the chrome trim attaches. The drip rail is in great condition however. My car has the same issue of someone used barn lag bolts to hold the tack strips to the body and long bolts with nuts instead of repairing the blind nuts properly. Mine has rusted thru on several spots along the flat area in front of the deck lid. I think I'll pass on this one.

Thank you for your effort on the pictures.

Curtis
Curtis, those lag bolts are factory parts

Don

Back