This 73 Mach 1 should be saved?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the price is right - I think the car has merit to 'save'. Do it because it appeals to you.

Guess I was wondering about 'saving' from what?

I like the color. But as you know that color interior is tough to locate.

I hate the underhood detailing. The wheels, while not correct don't look too bad.

Good luck.

Ray

Can't beat the current price of $2k. Looks like a great car to start with. Is the vanity tag PEASOUP already taken in TX? Lollerz

I would love to get it but I think it will jump way past $2K. It will look so great cleaned and detailed and minor work fixed then parked to her sister same color same options mostly.

100_6764.JPG.jpg

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_1503.PNG

I would have killed for a Mach1 with those int/ext colors back when I had my 73 Grande in the same colors.

I know most people don't like the avocado int, but EVERYONE has black/blue/red/white.

went and took a look at car, its in very bad shape, its n Copart junk yard with all water and crap around, it has a lot of rust, I was gonna save her but I will pass.

I was going to make a comment about it being too far gone to save (that would be ironic, coming from me - LOL).

But I'm confused - I thought you were selling yours. Did I miss the part where you've reconsidered (or things have changed) and you're going to keep it? :huh:

mine is still for sale however its still at rebuilding engine status, I just thought this one could be saved at a decent price but I went looked at it today in the Copart junkyard, the car from inside is 5 out of 10, a lot of broken parts, a dash is cracked and you can literally lift it up, the gauges looked from a different car cuz they were brand new, took off carpet on one side and the floor pan look very rusty and carpet was wet, rust in trunk, rust in tail panel, also door jams & bottom of door have rust in them, opened the hood and it didn't look appealing at all, I think they cleaned it (pressured washed )before they took those pictures, looks like it was a repo from Randolph Brooks Credit Union because I found this inside lol. I was going to save her but it looked like it needs a lot to finish and I don't need more headache lol, 1 is enough.

and whether the car runs or not, this is how I saw them transporting cars from their yard to the door lol

View attachment 27129

View attachment 27130

Last edited by a moderator:
AW GEEZ!! Seeing that 928 like that makes me sad (Porsche 928s are on my top 10 list for all-time favorite cars).

Sigh... I know. :shy:

Problem is, I'm still not quite done with the Mustang, I'm upgrading the stereo in the Ram, I still have an AMC 360/TC727 for the Jeep, and I just bought a Suzuki GV1200 Madura I need to get running again someday.

They added buy it now for $16500 looool this junk yard is a joke

Back