Marti Report, Invoices and Stickers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
My car is a 1971 from Metuchen. I already have the Marti Report, but Marti apparently has no Eminger invoices from the '71 Metuchen cars. My question is, will the window sticker tell me anything new beyond what the Marti report says, like dealer options?

I am very curious because my car is not factory A/C or RAM air. However my Mustang has A/C and RAM air, so I am curious if this was added during a restoration or was it purchased like that from the dealer.

Marti Report (1971 Mach 1) no VIN.jpg

Good question I think It might tell you options added by the dealer before the sale but those wouldn't be on the copy you didn't get from Lois Eminger because those are Ford copies. I think options added by the dealer would only be on the copy actually on the car. I think.....but I've been wrong so many times. I have a Eminger copy for my car and the front spoiler was added by the dealer and wasn't on her copy.

My guess is if its not listed on the Marti, it wont be on the window sticker either!

You never know, but your AC and RamAir seem to have been added . Im not sure, but think the Marti confirms how the car was ordered and left from Ford, and no dealer added options will be mentioned on the Marti .

If you order a window sticker from Marti it is only going to contain the information that was in the Ford database in the "as built" configuration. What a dealer may have put on after delivery from Ford will not be there. Items added by the dealer were often just hand written on the window sticker.

Since original is typically meant to be what was delivered by Ford and is on the Marti report, I am not sure what the distinction between having a dealer add on options or a previous owner. In either case, they would generally not be considered "orginal" from a concourse perspective.

I ordered my Mach 1 new and the dealer items will not show up on sticker. The only dealer option listed on the order that went to Ford was undercoat and it is the last option listed. This was before the days of computers so this was sent to Ford and the dealer applied the undercoat when they received it.

You might go back to the dealer that sold the car. Some of these places have records forever. I went back to mine in the 90's and got the dealer invoice for my car they had boxes piled 10' high with every car they had sold in them.

David

Both A/C and functional Ram Air are options and if ordered for production required to be listed on the invoice and Monroney (window sticker). The Marti report would also list if vehicle so equipped when new.

I'd say a previous owner added both. Very common.

If the A/C is obviously the Ford add-on air as sold across the dealer counters, it was probably added by the dealer after they accepted delivery from the factory. If it all looks factory I'd say a PO did or had it done. They are usually signs to let you know like splicing into harnesses. Factory installations will all use factory harness & related connections.

Ray

Our cars were scheduled for build and serialized the same day but we were Dearborn and got built and released on the 1st

Just a quick reminder:

Cars that have serial numbers extremely close (like one after the other) were not necessarily on the assembly line together.

There is a common misconception that if another car is numbered right after or before their car - well they must have been on the assembly line next to each other.

This is not correct as cars were serialized and given VIN's but not produced in the order of the VIN numbers. Within reason - I'd say cars as I described above were probably built within 30 days of each other...

Like I said - just a reminder.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
With your car being built in Metuchen and ours in Dearborn it makes sense the serial numbers would be way off. It would be cool to know the history. Our car had an apple sticker on the back window so we figure it must have belonged to Steve Jobs lol

Back