1984 20th. Ann Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was out in the old garage that is piled with stuff today and found a box full of the GT-350 side stripes for the 20th. Anniversary Mustang. I bought one new and when I got the letter from the attorney concerning the stripes I did some phone calls to their office. A desk secretary did let me know that Ford had used the stripes without the permission of Carol Shelby and he was taking suite against Ford. They were required to stop selling the stripes eventually. As soon as I got the letter I went to the Ford dealer and asked to order some and he got on the computer and said they were listed as "Last Chance For Return". That means you can return old stock back to the warehouse but you cannot order anything. So I had him run a nation wide search for stripes at the dealers and I think there are several thousand. He found 25 sets and I ordered them all. They have been boxed up since then.

I do see repo's on ebay that say they are licensed by Ford but Ford lost the suite so they could not.

Anyway do any of you need a set of factory sealed NOS side stripes?David

Do the stripes come with a car to put them on? If so, I'd be interested. ;) :D

and I thought Steve was a hoarder! What else do you have hiding out there?

and I thought Steve was a hoarder! What else do you have hiding out there?
Several boxes of NOS 65 mustang parts from NOS door panels, Shelby gas caps, styled steel wheel center caps, hub caps, parking lights, turn signals, brake lights, floor mats, NOS maverick ford carpet, a couple bench seats for 65, air for 65, couple consoles.

I have 2 factory ram air for 71 - 73 and Ford front spoilers, bumpers T-5 emblems, t-5 hub caps, 1957 T-bird front bumper, T- bird aluminum valve covers, NOS 3 / 2 intake for Y block, NOS flathead racing pistons, 3 plated 64 ford bumpers, etc, etc. At one time before my job took all my time I went to swap meets and sold but that stopped in the 80's.

I bought parts when I was young and put in the garage and everyone said I was crazy, lol. Have 4 sets of 73 aluminum wheels.

My dad made me quit bringing stuff home he said it was a waste of money.

David

Do the stripes come with a car to put them on? If so, I'd be interested. ;) :D
I do have the car bought it new from our local Ford dealer and had to buy it from my now XXX wife, lol. I have given to my son but title is still in my name.

My daughter use to out run he cousin his dad had a Z-28 and it would eat its lunch any way you wanted to run. I put the highway patrol speedo in so no 85 mph I think it went to 140.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
3 plated 64 ford bumpers, etc, etc.
We just picked up a 64 Galaxie a few months ago. Still putting together the shopping list for that. Body is good except for the passenger quarter that was replaced badly in the past and caused it to rust out. The only rust on the car

3 plated 64 ford bumpers, etc, etc.
We just picked up a 64 Galaxie a few months ago. Still putting together the shopping list for that. Body is good except for the passenger quarter that was replaced badly in the past and caused it to rust out. The only rust on the car
We had a 63 when growing up but thought the 64 was a very sexy car. I bought the bumpers in a package deal thinking I would need them. They do repo them but do not know how good they are. If you need one let me know they are wrapped up in the garage.

David

Back