Great Boss for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think for that price he'd clean and detail it. The car looks absolutely filthy in the pictures.

I think the price is high, it will need a lot after sitting. Once this car starts moving around again there will be a lot of small issues that will come up.

I really like this car at this price but too many things just don't add up for me. Lots of reasons and excuses that just don't add up for me.

If it's genuine, I'd be surprised, it would be a decent buy I think.

Love to hear thoughts from others.

Well it did sell for 35. I think it was real as long as the numbers on the car match his paper work he was holding. He had history back to the original sale and the Matri. It would have to have a complete tear down to get back to the grabber blue color from the white. It was low miles and not rusty big plus. It was just an example of someone doing with their car what they wanted just like everyone in this group. You did get to R engines one with 499 dyno hp and the other bone stock. If you have the money to buy one this was the best one to restore I have seen in a while, straight and not rust and everything there.

I do know of two more in Atlanta owned by a guy that did restorations in the past. He tells me it will be his last two cars to restore. One was a show car for pretty much all of it's life. Not the type show car you might think. The owner must have owned a plating shop. Everything on the car that could be taken off and put in a chrome tank was plated, rear, springs, suspension, etc. That makes it more difficult to restore than just a painted car. To get all that chrome off or find replacements gets expensive. I keep in touch with him to see how it is going in fact I might try to reach him today.

My thoughts I am sure others have theirs.

David

smh

The price people put on old junk with the right sticker kit, cam, engine heads and rust pushing through the paint just amazes me.

I'm not saying it's not a nice car... I just don't see $35K in those pictures. But that's just me (and my reputation for undervaluing '71 FBs with Boss 351 stickers ;) :D ).

Back