Hello From Texas!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasVert

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Howdy! I'll say I'm new to the forum, although I have crept around for a while looking at some others' threads....Anyways, I'm 18 and have been raised a mustang lover, and am hoping this summer to maybe upgrade our mustang a little bit more!

I guess I'll start with the car:

My father and I restored his '73 convertible over the course of my sophomore year in High School so that I could drive it to prom. We are the second owners, and bought it in 1989 from a man who bought it for his daughter when she was born in 1973. (He figured she'd be excited to have cool car that was her age when she turned 16! Turns out she wasn't, and he sold it to my dad--Lucky us! But I digress....:rolleyes:.) Anyway, the car was originally Acapulco Blue, but when both the clear coat and paint failed, we decided to brighten things up a bit! The new paint is not an original Ford blue, but still looks nice with the silver accents. The stripes and hood coloring are also all painted on--No decals here!:cool:

Unfortunately, my mother refused to let me drive the car wearing only the original lap seat belts, so we had to install some new racing seats with 3-Point harnesses. They are very comfortable!

It has the original 351C2V Engine, which had to be bored out in the early '90s due to throwing a rod and melting the piston. Finally, the NASA Hood is not from the original car, it was found in a junkyard by my father shortly after he purchased the car. We finally got the Ram-Air hookup for it, and it runs like a dream!:p

Sorry for the long intro! I figured I would get it out of the way!

Great introduction, we like to hear the history behind the cars. The NASA hood was an option for the converts so it fits right in. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!!! ::welcome::

Last edited by a moderator:
@jeremycfr

I'm actually about to be going to CSTAT cause I'm going to A&M! Small world!

Here's some pics for y'all!

zk1l6u.jpg

bh0xw5.jpg

I'm gonna comb through the pictures I took the other day and see what others are worth posting here. Expect more soon!

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Great color!

Please remember to post a pin on the member map under "fun stuff" at the top right of the page.

Back